" I'm back online!" catherineneill's Profile
Hi All. As usual I've logged back on after a long absence, and as usual I have hundreds of photos and different destinations to add!
I've been MAD busy with work, travelling to S.Africa, Botswana, Paris, as well as renovating our new house and buying a puppy! (Don't worry, he still lets me travel!
I'm off to Brazil tomorrow (work again!) as well as Amsterdam, Malta, Chennai and Botswana again.
A travelling sales(wo)man's work is never done!
Belfast is a great place to grow up, it's one of the safest cities in Europe (ha!) We now have a lot of new buildings, regenerated areas and many more things to do. In some places we have a strangely continental feel. Come and visit and check out my Belfast travel page......
Update! The past few months have seen Belfast placed firmly on the international map, at last!! The MTV European Awards came to our wee city and what a party! Reviews were excellent, so a big thumbs up to Belfast. We can shake it with the best. Rihanna was also here, causing a scene in a corn field just out of town (check out her video for Love in a Hopeless Place), and Justin Bieber was swanning around. Not to mention the HOF!!!!
Went to a Derby in Soccer City in Soweto in Johanneburg
There were 95,000 people there to watch the 2 local teams - the Kaiser Chiefs and the Orlando Pirates - at the atmosphere was awesome.
There were of course vuevuzelas galore, Pap to eat and shouting to be done.
Great times, awesome experience and a buzzing atmosphere in Soweto from the welcoming locals
I am addicted to 'ticking off countries'. Getting a bit older means this is becoming more complicated and various crazy countries make it impossible to travel to. I can't even get to Iran next month as planned due to visa/passport issues and Syria and the other interesting Mid-East countries are just too damn dangerous at the minute.
Here's to peace in all regions affected by violence, and that their tourist industries continue to survive.....
It's great to travel the globe, and I've so many places to see but........Sometimes, there's no place like home!
Where i have been lived, and the places I miss (and don't miss)
Summer 2005 and Summer 2006 -
I was an aupair to 4 'lively' children. I loved it! I hardly had any times off but when I did I drove around in a silver citroen which looked like a Delorien, plugged my ipod into the speakers and played AISHA by Cheb Khaled, got stalked by arabs.....
I miss the heat and dust of the Nimes countryside. I miss the town of Nimes and its narrow streets. I miss the distinctly gypsy/spanish feel of the Carmargue.......
Sept 2005-May 2006
Pirmasens, Arsch der Welt, Germany
I worked in a school teaching english for a year. Pirmasens was a dead end, a serious dead end. There had been things there, I am sure. There were american soldiers that kept the town afloat, but they were long gone. There were 7 hills and you always seemed to be walking UP ONE, no matter where you were!
2003-2008 ST ANDREWS
The quaint old town of St Andrews, the smallest place in the world where everyone knows everybody by some shape or form. If you dont know someone personally you can find out easilly by asking "Do you know the guy who wears the blue shorts and drinks in the Rasin" or "That girl with the big Oboe that drags it around town on a Thursday" easy
London - May 2008-Sept 2008
I lived there. I worked in the west end. I hated it!
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 244 Reviews
- 243 Photos
- 21 Countries
- 32 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- Commented on SallyM's profile page
- Posted in Travel Lago di Como Forum "Summer festivities"
- Wrote a Review Horse and carriage in Brugge Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Horse and carriage"
- created a Brugge Travel Page "Chocolate Box Brugge"
updated their Profile Page " I'm back online!"
Top 10 Pages
- Belfast Intro, 40 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sarajevo Intro, 20 reviews, 14 photos
- Belgrade Intro, 20 reviews, 13 photos
- Johannesburg Intro, 17 reviews, 15 photos
- Verona Intro, 16 reviews, 12 photos
- Cairo Intro, 22 reviews, 5 photos
- Paris Intro, 12 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nîmes Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 14 reviews, 3 photos
- Prague Intro, 10 reviews, 6 photos
No friends yet.
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54964 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2699 Reviews - 7919 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3865 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos