Dazhai Tourist Trap Tips by myspices
Dazhai Tourist Traps: 3 reviews and 3 photos
one of the traditional costumes
You will also find ladies dressed in colourful traditional wears offering to take pictures with you, usually against the rice fields as backdrops. By all means pose with them...but pay. If i am not mistaken, per session is 30-50yuan.
pic from a brochure....
Along some of the viewpoint stations or near villages, you will see group of Hong Yao ladies offering to show you how they expertly comb their really long hair (yeap...some hair even touching the ground..) and then coil it up into a neat bun, without looking into the mirror!. You need to pay to watch...so if you are not going to pay, try not to look or even take a picture!
Unique Suggestions: If you are really interested to watch...be discreet. Pace yourself far away and watch from a distance! I did just that!
More Reviews (33)
- See All Vegetarians
- See All Hong Yao (Red Yao) -Minority Tribes in...
- See All Interlocking hills
- See All Different Seasons, different Scenes
myspices' Related Pages
Dazhai Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Dazhai
- Hotels in Dazhai
- Transportation in Dazhai
- Restaurants in Dazhai
- Shopping in Dazhai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dazhai
- 35 Reviews
- 94 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Dazhai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dazhai
Photos in DazhaiSee All Photos (94)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yangshuo Intro, 72 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Liuzhou Intro, 38 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nanning Intro, 36 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hanoi Intro, 46 reviews, 113 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vigan Intro, 32 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 29 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ubud Intro, 29 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sagada Intro, 32 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dazhai Intro, 35 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Baguio Intro, 30 reviews, 80 photos, 3 travelogues