"LONGSHENG - ONLY A STOP-OVER" Top 5 Page for this destination Longsheng by myspices
Longsheng Travel Guide: 60 reviews and 286 photos
There is actually not much to look for in Longsheng. It is a place anyone who wishes to visit the Dragon's Backbone Rice Terrraces ("Longi Titian") has to come by as it is from here only you can get to the Rice Terraces. From Longsheng Bus station, you can catch the direct buses to the Dragon's Backbone Rice Terraces. This stretch of famous rice terraces are located mostly in two villages, namely :-
1) PingAn Village - on lower grounds
2) Dazhai Village (Jingkeng) - on higher lands
*Picture above shows the depot (Er Long Qiao) of the branched roads; left, to PingAn and right, to Dazhai
Longsheng bus station provides intercity buses to the abovementioned 2 villages. I took the more challenging one ie to Dazhai instead of to PingAn. Though PingAn is a easier route to see the rice terraces, Dazhai has a totally different atmospher than its neighbouring PingAn.
You can read more in details on Dazhai in my individual travel pages on Dazhai.
For PingAn - there is no designated travel page so I will park all the PingAn activites in Longsheng travel page. See PingAn's village on travelogue entitled "Village of PingAn"
Longsheng's only attraction as stated in the brochure is the "hot springs". Most travellers give this a miss. Most province visitors will maybe give it a try.
Dazhai is about 1.5 hours bus ride from Longsheng bus Station. Upon reaching the Dazhai bus station, to get to the village of Dazhai, you need to hike about 40minutes. Porters are stationed at Dazhai bus station. You can have them carry your load. Dazhai is colder, less touristy and is just a better place to be if you want to see the Longi Titian....For details of Dazhai, please enjoy my travel page specially on Dazhai and you will know what i am trying to tell you....
Zhuang Minority tribes are mostly found in the village of PingAn. Their costume is different from those of the Hong Yao. They usually wear white with little embrodeiry and their head gear is also different. The only similarity is that they too, carry a big ratten basket.
We did not stay in PingAn but we did a hike from Dazhai to PingAn (4hours one way)and went round the town of PingAn. PingAn is heavily "polluted" with tourists and of course, it's more busy and lots of shops and stalls all round the cluster village of PingAn.
- In a nutshell:A gateway to Longi Titian - Dragon's Backbone Rice Terraces
Costumes == Usually in white blouse with some embroidery at sleeves and/or at front bodice of blouse. Pants is usually... more travel advice
When you are high up either in Dazhai or PingAn - look beyond - you might find a beautiful sight of "interlocking... more travel advice
myspices' Related Pages
Longsheng Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "LONGSHENG - ONLY A STOP-OVER"
- "Dragon's Backbone Rice Terraces"
- "Remote villages, rice terraces, ethnic minorities"
- "Longji Titian (Dragon's Backbone Rice Terraces)"
- "Longsheng, Ping'An and Zhongliu"
- "Long Sheng Dragon Terrace"
- "2nd part of Guangxi trip"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Longsheng
- Hotels in Longsheng
- Transportation in Longsheng
- Restaurants in Longsheng
- Shopping in Longsheng
- Warnings and Dangers in Longsheng
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Longsheng
- 13 Reviews
- 60 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Longsheng?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Longsheng
Photos in LongshengSee All Photos (60)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yangshuo Intro, 72 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Liuzhou Intro, 38 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nanning Intro, 36 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hanoi Intro, 46 reviews, 113 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vigan Intro, 32 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 29 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ubud Intro, 29 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sagada Intro, 32 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dazhai Intro, 35 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Baguio Intro, 30 reviews, 80 photos, 3 travelogues