"Nanning - Capital city of Guangxi" Top 5 Page for this destination Nanning by myspices

Nanning Travel Guide: 76 reviews and 336 photos

Just as busy as any Capital City

Nanning is the capital city of Guangxi. There are many tall, big buildings around the city. Even on weekdays, you can see lots of people and vehicles on the streets. It is a modern city with proper amenities. Roads are wide and public transports are clean and convenient.
We arrived Nanning in early a.m. from Zhuhai in an overnight sleeper bus. It was a raining day. We found out that the station that we were in was towards the south of the city centre - which was pretty far away. We got hold of a map - too bad, it was all in Chinese. Anyway, we tried to figure out (with the help of the shop attendant in the bus station)on how to get to the main railway station which would be more convenient for us to move around. We waited for the 1st intercity bus to arrive and we were on our way to the city centre - ie next to the main railway station.

See more of Nanning in my Travelogue "Nanning - the Capital City"

Guangxi Sheng Bowuguan - Guangxi Provincial Museum

If you are interested to see lots of ancient bronze drums - go to Guangxi Sheng Bowuguan. If you are interested to see lots of minority tribes' embroidery and cultures - go to Guangxi Sheng Bowuguan. An interesting museum which will keep you occupied for a good half a day.

Yiling Yan - "Yiling Cave"

Yiling Yan (Yiling Cave) is one of the many attractions in rural areas of Nanning. It's not only the cave that one usually visits - there's a package which will bring you to experience the cultures of one of the minority tribes ie the Zhuang minority tirbe.

• Last visit to Nanning: Sep 2007
  • Intro Updated Nov 3, 2007

• picek's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2009 at 6:29 AM

hi, feejin... great page on Nanning - pity I couldn't see much of it :( But I was amazed by speed with which they build the city

• NYTim's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2009 at 3:33 AM

Fantastic pages. I am using them to plan my trip in October.

• leepingnn's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2008 at 1:01 AM

Your travel log is really great help for me, great appreciation for your work.

myspices

“in life, you MUST travel ...”

Badges & Stats in Nanning

Have you been to Nanning?

Latest Activity in Nanning