"Yangshuo is WestStreet, WestStreet is Yangshuo..." Top 5 Page for this destination Yangshuo by myspices
Yangshuo Travel Guide: 624 reviews and 1,770 photos
Someone told me that Yangshuo is less touristy than Guilin and that was why i am here .... guess what? There are more tourists in Yangshuo than in Guilin! Walk the main street, "Xi Jie" a.k.a the West Street - everyone, except those vendors, is a tourist/traveller. Every cafe/guesthouse/hotel runs travel packages and busy entertaining tourists. Everyone is trying to sell something to the tourist...Everywhere you look are tourists...now who says Yangshuo is less touristy ought to go there again!
Yangshuo is about 65km away from Guilin, to get there by bus will take you approximately an hour. Usually, travelers will take a cruise along the Li Jiang in Guilin to land at Yangshuo. The boat ride is about 4hours, a slow ride allowing you to savour the beautiful scenery of karsts mountains and caves during the cruise. Yangshuo has been and still is daunted by loads of backpackers - it's not only an easy going place, it has beautiful sceneries in the outskirts. It is said that Yangshuo has more beautiful karsts mountains than the infamous Guilin. It is a place to layback, relax and enjoy.....Base yourself in West Street - everything is self-contained and that's where the action is.....
The Li Jiang river which runs between Guilin and Yangshuo is one of the ways many travelers will take to get fro/to Guilin/Yangshuo. In Yangshuo, you can see the Li Jiang river just by the side of the town. Lots of rafts for hire - making short trips to either the nearby towns of Fuli or Xingping or maybe just going across the other side of the shore for fun......It is pretty scenic here.
To get to this "hill with a hole", most will do a bicycle ride. The Moon Hill is about an hour bicycle ride towards Gaotian Town. If you do not want to hike up the hill, you can actually see it from faraway at a couple of meters away from the entrance to this hill. To hike up is pretty interesting - do in early a.m. - it's easier
- Pros:Highly energized.....centralised
- Cons:A westernised Chinese town..
- In a nutshell:Yangshuo is West Street and West Street is Yangshuo..
Most everyone who's in Guilin or Yangshuo will do this "Must Do" Guilin/Yangshuo Li River Cruise which is so... more travel advice
The bus ride to XingPing was about 50mins from Yangshuo bus station. The fare was 5.50yuan per pax one way. The bus will... more travel advice
- See All Clean Streets in Ancient Fuli and...
- See All Auspicious words and sayings... ("Tui...
- See All Breakfast at Xingping - Guilin Mee Fen...
myspices' Related Pages
Yangshuo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Springtime in Yangshuo"
- "The Most Relaxed Town in China"
- "Yangshuo is WestStreet, WestStreet is Yangshuo..."
- "Backpackers' Paradise"
- "What a Romantic town! Yangshuo (CHINA)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yangshuo
- Hotels in Yangshuo
- Transportation in Yangshuo
- Nightlife in Yangshuo
- Restaurants in Yangshuo
- Shopping in Yangshuo
- Warnings and Dangers in Yangshuo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yangshuo
- 72 Reviews
- 194 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Yangshuo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yangshuo
Photos in YangshuoSee All Photos (194)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yangshuo Intro, 72 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Liuzhou Intro, 38 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nanning Intro, 36 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hanoi Intro, 46 reviews, 113 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vigan Intro, 32 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 29 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ubud Intro, 29 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sagada Intro, 32 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dazhai Intro, 35 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Baguio Intro, 30 reviews, 80 photos, 3 travelogues