Hanoi Shopping Tips by myspices
Hanoi Shopping: 148 reviews and 192 photos
Artists at work
Lots and lots of shops selling art pieces or prints in Old Quarters area. Every shop has its distinctivness. You can see the artists doing replicas and they are very good at it. You can either buy the framed pictures or have them unframed for easy carry as hand luggage. Usually when you bargain, have a price in mind, start with the bottom and slowly up the price. Sellers are polite and will somehow close a deal with you.
What to buy: Art pieces - replicas or originals and prints
What to pay: Unframed and framed ones do not differ much in price. Usually about USD25 a piece
Address: Old Quarters area
Directions: within Old Quarters
So, how much is this one?
They looked so real - have a closer look and if you are an expert, you will see the difference. They are cheap and you can purchase them to give as gifts. Bargain and bargain. Somehow, the sellers will try to close the deal.
What to buy: Faked watches. Good as gifts
What to pay: USD22 for a "Rolex"
Address: along Hang Dao Street
Directions: You will find a number of watch shops along Hang Dao
Trays with cute faces
All along the Old Quarters, you will find small shops selling local crafts - good as souveniers - magnets, bookmarks, handbags, trays, little key chains, embroidery pouches, wood carvings, small marble statues, T-shirts, dresses ... so many to choose from.
What to buy: All local crafts
What to pay: Ranges from 500dongs to...... unlimited
Address: all within town of Hanoi
Directions: within alleys in Old Quarters or along the main shopping streets like Hang Dao or Dong Xuan Market or the Hang Da Market
Theme: Local Craft
More Reviews (43)
- See All More "small eats" in Hanoi
- See All Vietnamese Sweet Serenades
- Bring these ....
- See All Taxis - from Noi Bai Airport
- See All Watch out for Pickpockets
myspices' Related Pages
Hanoi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Adventure Continues in Hanoi ! Hanoi !"
- "Good morning Hanoi !"
- "Hanoi - City of the Soaring Dragon"
- "Hanoi - City of Absorbing Sights and Sounds"
- "MY 1ST STOP IN VIETNAM WAS......................."
- "Ignoring Hanoi"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hanoi
- Hotels in Hanoi
- Transportation in Hanoi
- Nightlife in Hanoi
- Restaurants in Hanoi
- Shopping in Hanoi
- Warnings and Dangers in Hanoi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hanoi
- 46 Reviews
- 113 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Hanoi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hanoi
Photos in HanoiSee All Photos (113)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yangshuo Intro, 72 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Liuzhou Intro, 38 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nanning Intro, 36 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hanoi Intro, 46 reviews, 113 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vigan Intro, 32 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 29 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ubud Intro, 29 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sagada Intro, 32 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dazhai Intro, 35 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Baguio Intro, 30 reviews, 80 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (23)
- Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum- 80 Reviews, 150 Photos
- Hoan Kiem Lake- 101 Reviews, 225 Photos
- Old Quarter- 40 Reviews, 98 Photos
- Water Puppet Show- 70 Reviews, 120 Photos
- Ha Long Bay- 40 Reviews, 110 Photos
- Temple of Literature- 68 Reviews, 177 Photos
- The Museum of Ethnology- 39 Reviews, 109 Photos
- One Pillar Pagoda- 43 Reviews, 75 Photos
- West Lake- 17 Reviews, 32 Photos
- Hoa Lo Prison- 21 Reviews, 55 Photos
See All Hanoi Things to Do