Hanoi Transportation Tips by myspices
Hanoi Transportation: 184 reviews and 180 photos
Checking out the taxis at Noi Bai Airport
When you arrive at Noi Bai Airport, a convenient way to get to Hanoi town is to hire a taxi - it's USD10/- per taxi. Maximum passengers is 4 adults.
If you are quoted a higher price, bargain for it.
Nice coach - up to expectation
If you want to see Hanoi and you have a time constraint, suggest that you join a tour which will have a bus and tour guide that will take you to specific destinations of your tour package. Tour packages are reasonable in Hanoi but just ensure that the intineraries of your tour packages are explained to you clearly as to what is covered and what is not so as to avoid argument later between yourself and your tour agent.
The tour coaches/buses we have travelled in so are clean, with AC and comfortable. The buses/coaches are pretty new.
An exciting ride on the motorbike
You can also move around Hanoi in a rented motocycle or you can flag down a motorbike . It is a convenient and fast mode of transport within the town of Hanoi. The motorbike can zig-zag its way in heavy traffic areas.
Trishaw - a fun ride
If you are tired to go about the "maze" in the Old Quarters, you can hire a trishaw to bring you around the Quarters. There are a lot of trishaws plying the streets of Hanoi and they will "call on" to you in the streets to ask if you need a ride.
Each trishaw takes a maximum of 2 adults. They are usually charged by the hour or by destination.
More Reviews (42)
- See All More "small eats" in Hanoi
- See All Art pieces - Original or Copy, Prints &...
- See All Vietnamese Sweet Serenades
- Bring these ....
- See All Watch out for Pickpockets
myspices' Related Pages
Hanoi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Adventure Continues in Hanoi ! Hanoi !"
- "Good morning Hanoi !"
- "Hanoi - City of the Soaring Dragon"
- "Hanoi - City of Absorbing Sights and Sounds"
- "MY 1ST STOP IN VIETNAM WAS......................."
- "Ignoring Hanoi"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hanoi
- Hotels in Hanoi
- Transportation in Hanoi
- Nightlife in Hanoi
- Restaurants in Hanoi
- Shopping in Hanoi
- Warnings and Dangers in Hanoi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hanoi
- 46 Reviews
- 113 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Hanoi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hanoi
Photos in HanoiSee All Photos (113)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yangshuo Intro, 72 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Liuzhou Intro, 38 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nanning Intro, 36 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hanoi Intro, 46 reviews, 113 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vigan Intro, 32 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 29 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ubud Intro, 29 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sagada Intro, 32 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dazhai Intro, 35 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Baguio Intro, 30 reviews, 80 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (23)
- Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum- 79 Reviews, 148 Photos
- Water Puppet Show- 70 Reviews, 120 Photos
- Hoan Kiem Lake- 99 Reviews, 227 Photos
- Temple of Literature- 67 Reviews, 176 Photos
- Ha Long Bay- 40 Reviews, 111 Photos
- The Museum of Ethnology- 38 Reviews, 109 Photos
- Old Quarter- 39 Reviews, 94 Photos
- Army Museum- 19 Reviews, 42 Photos
- Hoa Lo Prison- 20 Reviews, 52 Photos
- West Lake- 16 Reviews, 32 Photos
See All Hanoi Things to Do