Hanoi Hotel Tips by myspices
Hanoi Hotels: 37,087 reviews and 410 photos
Red River II - recommended budget hotel
Great budget hotel. It is not listed in the LP. On our arrival to Hanoi we were at a hotel which was not up to our expectations of a budget hotel. After our dinner, we stopped by Red River II by chance as this hotel was nearby to the stall we were eating. The owner, Minh and her nephew, Quang, were very helpful and mind you, Minh speaks perfectly good English. We have actuallly marked our travel plans - all of the places which we were going ,we need to buy tickets and look for transports ourselves as we were on a budget travel. As we were talking to Minh, we found that she could arrange a full trip for us at the same price as though we were doing it on our own. How lucky!.
We were showed the rooms. Airy, clean, AC with attached bath. USD8/- per night without b/fast . With b/fast : USD10/- (serving of drinks and bread with jam/butter/eggs).
As we had to travel many nights via the night trains, we were allowed to keep our luggages at their hotel and we were offered to use their bathrooms as day-use to refresh and bathe.
We will highly recommend this hotel as being helpful, honest in their pricing. Btw, they will be opening another hotel by the same name across the old hotel, maybe River River III ?
Unique Qualities: 1) safe keep luggages for you while you travel to other provinces
2) allow day-use room even if you are not putting a night there
3) open their hotel to you at odd hours like 4am or 5am if you arrive back from late train rides
4) explain clearly on trips itineraries (what is and is not included)
5) if you encounter any mishaps during the tour you are taking out of Hanoi organised by them, you can get in touch with them and they will help you.
6) laundry can be done here. cheap
7) honest in pricing
8) accessible to all places of interests and eateries in the Old Quarters areas
Address: 21, Bat Dan Str., Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
Comparison: least expensive
Directions: in Old Quarters area. Tell the taxi drivers the name and they will take you there.
Other Contact: Mobile: 0913018387- Minh/Quang
Price: less than US$20
More Reviews (45)
- See All More "small eats" in Hanoi
- See All Art pieces - Original or Copy, Prints &...
- See All Vietnamese Sweet Serenades
- Bring these ....
- See All Taxis - from Noi Bai Airport
myspices' Related Pages
Hanoi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Adventure Continues in Hanoi ! Hanoi !"
- "Good morning Hanoi !"
- "Hanoi - City of Absorbing Sights and Sounds"
- "Hanoi - City of the Soaring Dragon"
- "MY 1ST STOP IN VIETNAM WAS......................."
- "Ignoring Hanoi"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hanoi
- Hotels in Hanoi
- Transportation in Hanoi
- Nightlife in Hanoi
- Restaurants in Hanoi
- Shopping in Hanoi
- Warnings and Dangers in Hanoi
- See All...
Explore the World
- Zoser Partner
- Victoria Singapore Hotel
- Shilo Inn Helena
- Ramada Plaza Basel
- Apartamentos Corcega
- Club Med Kemer
- Phakalane Golf Estate Hotel
- Hotel Artorius
- Hyatt Regency Paris Cdg
- Nikko Senhime Monogatari
- Sliema Chalet Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Galesburg
- Clarion Inn Silicon Valley
- Dei Priori Hotel
Badges & Stats in Hanoi
- 46 Reviews
- 113 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Hanoi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hanoi
Photos in HanoiSee All Photos (113)
Read real reviews about Hanoi Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yangshuo Intro, 72 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Liuzhou Intro, 38 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nanning Intro, 36 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hanoi Intro, 46 reviews, 113 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vigan Intro, 32 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 29 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ubud Intro, 29 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sagada Intro, 32 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dazhai Intro, 35 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Baguio Intro, 30 reviews, 80 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (23)
Latest Hanoi hotel reviews
- Blue Paradise Hotel
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 19, 2012
- Army Hotel
- 61 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Hanoi Boutique Hotel
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 16, 2013
- Hotel Nikko Hanoi
- 56 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Bodega Hotel
- 97 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Cinnamon Hotel Hanoi
- 63 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 15, 2013
- Golden Key Hotel Hanoi
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2012
- Tung Trang Hotel
- 46 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- Ho Guom Hotel
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 15, 2012
- Thaison Palace Hanoi
- 86 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Hanoi Lucky Hotel I
- 35 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 6, 2011
- The Jasmine Hotel
- 397 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- ATS Hotel Hanoi
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 21, 2010
- Golden Lotus Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Hanoi Charming Hotel
- 768 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum- 77 Reviews, 141 Photos
- Water Puppet Show- 70 Reviews, 120 Photos
- Hoan Kiem Lake- 96 Reviews, 213 Photos
- Temple of Literature- 66 Reviews, 171 Photos
- One Pillar Pagoda- 43 Reviews, 75 Photos
- Ha Long Bay- 39 Reviews, 108 Photos
- The Museum of Ethnology- 38 Reviews, 109 Photos
- Hoa Lo Prison- 20 Reviews, 52 Photos
- West Lake- 15 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Presidential Palace- 25 Reviews, 42 Photos
See All Hanoi Things to Do