"Paoay - another UNESCO World Heritage Site" Paoay by myspices
Paoay Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 121 photos
Paoay (pronounced as "pow-why") is a small town near to Batac. You can go there by hiring a tricycle (about 10minutes ride, approximately 4km). Tourists go there for the sole purpose of seeing the "earthquake baroque" style Paoay Church which is one of the UNESCO Heritage sites. We went to Paoay from Batac and then moved from Paoay to Laoag via the Gilbert Bridge.
Here are some of the places of interests in Paoay which we have covered :
1) Paoay Church
2) Malacanang of the North
3) Paoay Lake (within the Malacanang of the North)
4) Suba Beach
This is the Paoay Lake, a picture taken from one of the windows in the Malacanang of the North.
Overlooking the legendary Paoay Lake is the Malacanang of the North - the official residence of the late President Ferdinand Marcos.
- Pros:historical Paoay Church, mystical Paoay Lake ..
- In a nutshell:No wonder Marcos chose to have his holiday residence here!
From Batac to Paoay and Paoay to Laoag, we sat on the same tricycle. It was a package deal that we made with the driver... more travel advice
Paoay Lake, at the border of Laoag City is where the grand Malacanang of the North is located. Legend has it that the... more travel advice
myspices' Related Pages
Paoay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Paoay - another UNESCO World Heritage Site"
- "Paoay, A Unesco World Heritage Site"
- "OFF TO PAOAY, ILOCOS NORTE"
- "Paoay, Ilocos Norte"
- "Paoay Church and Bell Tower"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paoay
- 5 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Paoay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paoay
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yangshuo Intro, 72 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Liuzhou Intro, 38 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nanning Intro, 36 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hanoi Intro, 46 reviews, 113 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vigan Intro, 32 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 29 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ubud Intro, 29 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sagada Intro, 32 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dazhai Intro, 35 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Baguio Intro, 30 reviews, 80 photos, 3 travelogues