"Langkawi - 99 Islands and Emerald Waters" Pulau Langkawi by myspices
Pulau Langkawi Travel Guide: 1,550 reviews and 3,951 photos
Langkawi which in the state of Kedah, is made up of 99 other tropical islands off the north-western coast of Peninsula Malaysia. It is about 30km from Kuala Perlis and 51km from Kuala Kedah. To get to Langkawi by road from Kuala Lumpur, the capital city of Malaysia , is a 6hours journey drive to Kuala Kedah and then another 1hour and 15minutes ferry ride from jetty to jetty.
The main island is Langkawi – “Lang” being the Malay word for “Eagle” – an island with many myths and legends of ogres and gigantic birds, warriors and fairy princesses, battles and romances. It is indeed an island of sun and fun, sea and beaches amidst the fabulous tales and legends. Langkawi - a popular holiday getaway not only to the tourists but to many locals as well.
I have made 3 trips to Langkawi – each trip was as exciting and refreshing..........
1998 – family trip – drive from Kuala Lumpur to Kuala Perlis (3D/2N)
2004 – company trip – bus ride from Kuala Lumpur to Kuala Kedah (3D/2N)
2006 – family trip – flight from Kuala Lumpur to Langkawi (5D/4N)
Must Do in Langkawi :-
1. Snorkeling in Pulau Payar Marine Park
2. Island Hopping – covering Tasik Dayang Bunting, Pulau Beras Basah and Pulau Singa
3. Langkawi Cable Car ride and the Suspension bridge
4. Oriental village
5. Shopping at duty free Kuah Town
6. Sunset at Cenang Beach
7. Visit beautiful beaches of Pantai Kok, Pantai Datai, Burau Bay, Tanjung Rhu
8. Dataran Lang/Taman Lagenda or the Eagle Square
9. Telaga Tujuh or the Seven Wells
10. Telaga Harbour
11. Galeri Perdana
1. Underwater World of Langkawi
2. Kota Mahsuri/Makam Mahsuri (Mahsuri’s Mausoleum)
3. Air Hangat Village (Hot Spring village)
4. Taman Buaya (Crocodile Farm)
5. Durian Perangin Waterfall
6. Temurun Waterfall
7. Kilim river - Mangrove trek
For more information :
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
tourism infoline : 1-300-88-5050
Langkawi Tourist Information Centre tel: 604-966 7789/7889
This is definately a Must Do when you are in Langkawi.... The children will love it. Marine fishes so near to shore ... feed them, feel them..... Adults, put on your snorkeling gear - you get to see more... corals, napoleons and sharks too....
Another Must Do in Langkawi. Take the cable ride up to Gunung Mat Cincang. You will get a spectacular view of the Langkawi island. Walk the suspension bridge: a-state-of-art!
- Pros:You will get the sun, sea, beaches, history and legend
- Cons:bad roads and signages
- In a nutshell:An island with a mix of everything ....
An enclosed "village" in a unique oriental setting. There is a pond with fountain and small park. Inside this village,... more travel advice
When you arrived at the 2nd cable station (summit of Gunung Mat Cincang), there is a flight of stairs that will lead you... more travel advice
myspices' Related Pages
Pulau Langkawi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Langkawi - Historic Mythical Island"
- "LANGKAWI .WHERE THE HEART IS"
- "Pulau Langkawi"
- "Where heaven and earth meets"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Langkawi
- Hotels in Pulau Langkawi
- Transportation in Pulau Langkawi
- Nightlife in Pulau Langkawi
- Restaurants in Pulau Langkawi
- Shopping in Pulau Langkawi
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Langkawi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pulau Langkawi
- 8 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Pulau Langkawi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Langkawi
Photos in Pulau LangkawiSee All Photos (43)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yangshuo Intro, 72 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Liuzhou Intro, 38 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nanning Intro, 36 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hanoi Intro, 46 reviews, 113 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vigan Intro, 32 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 29 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ubud Intro, 29 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sagada Intro, 32 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dazhai Intro, 35 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Baguio Intro, 30 reviews, 80 photos, 3 travelogues