"Klang (Kelang) - Famous for Bak Kut Teh" Top 5 Page for this destination Klang by myspices
Klang Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 120 photos
Klang or Kelang (either way is correct) is the state capital of Selangor, one of the 13 States in Malaysia. It is part of the conurbation of Klang Valley. Klang is about 30km from Kuala Lumpur, the capital city of Malaysia. Klang has been growing progressively...from a small rural town to a town known to many for its delicious "Bak Kut Teh" (literally means "Pork Rib Tea"- Pork being boiled together with Chinese herbs till tender) and the many seafood outlets and eatery stalls.
The name Klang is derived from the Klang River that flows through the town. Some will divide Klang into North Klang and South Klang. North Klang will be basically the area once you touched down Klang from Kuala Lumpur and before crossing over the bridge to the other end - the other end will be termed as South Klang. North Klang is definately more busy and commercialised than South Klang where most government offices are stationed.
Hokkien, one of the Chinese dialects, is mainly spoken in Klang. If you have been residing long enough in Klang, eventhough you are not a Hokkien, you will definately know how to speak Hokkien fluently.
Lots of folks from Kuala Lumpur & outstations do visit Klang for its gourmet. Chinese residents in Shah Alam (that's me..ha..ha..ha..) usually have their food in Klang town as it is the neighbouring town.
- Pros:Delicious & reasonably priced food
- Cons:Public toilets - still a disgrace!
- In a nutshell:A good trip for Eating Spree
myspices' Related Pages
Klang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Klang (Kelang) - Famous for Bak Kut Teh"
- "Port Klang - easy to fill in a day"
- "Royal Town of Selangor (& main Port of Malaysia)"
- "Klang - A sleepy laid back town"
- "Star Cruise"
- "- Klang -"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Klang
- Hotels in Klang
- Transportation in Klang
- Restaurants in Klang
- Shopping in Klang
- Warnings and Dangers in Klang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Klang
- 4 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Klang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Klang
Photos in KlangSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yangshuo Intro, 72 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Liuzhou Intro, 38 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nanning Intro, 36 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hanoi Intro, 46 reviews, 113 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vigan Intro, 32 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 29 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ubud Intro, 29 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sagada Intro, 32 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dazhai Intro, 35 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Baguio Intro, 30 reviews, 80 photos, 3 travelogues