"Shah Alam in Selangor State, Malaysia" Top 5 Page for this destination Shah Alam by myspices
Shah Alam Travel Guide: 62 reviews and 149 photos
Shah Alam, the place I call HOME, was formerly a satelite town before it became the Selangor's state capital. It is about 20km from Kuala Lumpur, the capital city of Malaysia. Being away from the city centre, Shah Alam is more of a residential area than a busy township - it is considered the centrepoint between Kuala Lumpur and the big towns of Klang and Port Klang.
Shah Alam is kind of divided into 2 sections : the residential area and the industrial zone. I am staying around the light industrial area. Besides being famous for its "Blue Mosque", Shah Alam is famous for the many roundabouts found here. Many claimed that they are actually lost because there are too many roundabouts......
Many feel that Shah Alam is a resident place consisting of mostly the Malays, which is untrue. It is a home for multi races of Malays, Chinese and Indian.
Shah Alam has its own beauty - it has many parks and lakes and the quietness of the place and traffic free roads are the envies of the other townships like Petaling Jaya (PJ), Klang and Kajang. Living here is practically hassle free. Many government offices are situated in Shah Alam - the State Secretariat Building and the Immigration Office. It has many medium-sized malls and a couple of big hotels. Currently three giant hypermarkets are located here : Makro, Giant and Tesco. The authorities are debating on whether to open up a cinema .
The attractions in Shah Alam are :-
1) The Blue Mosque - Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah Mosque
2) Stadium/Go Kart tracks
3) Shah Alam Lake Gardens
4) State Monument and State Secretariat Building
5) Dataran Shah Alam - Shah Alam Square
6) Museum Shah Alam
7) Agricultural Park - Bukit Cahaya Seri Alam
Great place to have picnics and spend time with children. Lots of play things in the playground in the park - swings, see-saw and slides. Some parks you can hire boats to ride on.
The Dataran Shah Alam (Shah Alam Square) is nearby to shopping mall and bistros and eateries. Youngsters hot place to hang out. Far end , you can see the State Secretariat Building
- Pros:peaceful and quiet ...
- Cons:too many confusing roundabouts...
- In a nutshell:a good residential area
Dataran Shah Alam is in fact a Square where people "lepak" (Malay word for "hang-out"). It is situated near to the... more travel advice
myspices' Related Pages
Shah Alam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Shah Alam"
- "Shah Alam in Selangor State, Malaysia"
- "Shah Alam"
- "My Hometown"
- "Shah Alam - My Second Home"
- "an afternoon walk in Shah Alam"
- "A GLIMPSE OF SHAH ALAM"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Shah Alam
- Hotels in Shah Alam
- Transportation in Shah Alam
- Nightlife in Shah Alam
- Restaurants in Shah Alam
- Shopping in Shah Alam
- Warnings and Dangers in Shah Alam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Shah Alam
- 3 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Shah Alam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shah Alam
Photos in Shah AlamSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yangshuo Intro, 72 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Liuzhou Intro, 38 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nanning Intro, 36 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hanoi Intro, 46 reviews, 113 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vigan Intro, 32 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 29 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ubud Intro, 29 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sagada Intro, 32 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dazhai Intro, 35 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Baguio Intro, 30 reviews, 80 photos, 3 travelogues