"Denpasar - hub of all transports in Bali" Top 5 Page for this destination Denpasar by myspices
Denpasar Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 157 photos
Upon arrival in Ngurah Rai Airport, we were supposed to catch a cab to Ubud but because the fare was too expensive (180,000Rp), we decided that we walked out of the Airport to a small village to catch a bus (called "bemo") to Denpasar, the hub of all public transports in Bali. Arriving Denpasar which was in mid noon, we changed our plans and opt to spend a night in Denpasar to find what Denpasar has to offer. Be surprised, Denpasar deserves at least a day stay ....
Must DO in Denpasar
1. A snapshot of Catur Muka Statute which is placed strategically at the roundabout in the heart of Denpasar
2. Hang out at Puputan Square - watch activities of the locals
3. Visit Pura Jaganatha and the Museum
4. Taste of Babi Guling in Kereneng Night Market
5. Walk about in the town of Denpasar
Some Facts on Denpasar
* Capital of Bali
* Denpasar means "next to the market"
* Heavy traffic and lots of government offices and office buildings
Watch some happy children in Puputan Square and the daily activities of the locals. It is a cool place to hang out in the evening - at least for that short while you will forget that Bali is going through difficult times...
Lots of pura ("temples"), old and new. Most of Balinese are Hindus and they are very religious people. Prayers and offerings are made to the various gods in the pura. "Canang" ("offerings to gods") - in the form of a tray or cone made of palm leaves (either young coconut leaves or the palas leaves) or banana leaves and filled with fresh flowers and tidbits(biscuits, sweets or boiled rice), are being offered to gods in the pura and sometimes just placed at the entrance of the houses or shops, usually accompanied by a burning jossstick.
- Pros:surprisingly you can still find cheap food and things to do ..
- Cons:heavy traffic & polluted
- In a nutshell:yes, it is a City, alright!
1. Lots of tastefully designed batik materials and ready made clothes 2. Pasar Bandung near to Bandung river -... more travel advice
Found at all restaurants. Some restaurants have 3 types ie ordinary Murtabak , the Special Murtabak and the Super... more travel advice
myspices' Related Pages
Denpasar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Denpasar - hub of all transports in Bali"
- "DENPASSAR CAPITAL CITY IN BALI"
- "Denpasar means "east of the market""
- "Don't just stay in Kuta and Sanur"
- "denpasar, bali"
- "Denpasar Trip"
- "Bali Denpasar"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Denpasar
- Hotels in Denpasar
- Transportation in Denpasar
- Nightlife in Denpasar
- Restaurants in Denpasar
- Shopping in Denpasar
- Warnings and Dangers in Denpasar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Denpasar
- 14 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Denpasar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Denpasar
Photos in DenpasarSee All Photos (37)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yangshuo Intro, 72 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Liuzhou Intro, 38 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nanning Intro, 36 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hanoi Intro, 46 reviews, 113 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vigan Intro, 32 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 29 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ubud Intro, 29 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sagada Intro, 32 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dazhai Intro, 35 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Baguio Intro, 30 reviews, 80 photos, 3 travelogues