"Kintamani - Mount Batur, Lake Batur & Danau Batur" Top 5 Page for this destination Kintamani by myspices
Kintamani Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 111 photos
The tour to Mount Batur, which is the second most important temple after Gunung Agung, is normally refers to as tour to Kintamani which covers viewing of Gunung ("Mount") Batur, crater lake Batur and the Danau ("valley") Batur. Besides these breath-taking views, there is nothing much Kintamani has.
Kintamani and Batur are villages around these scenic spots. In 1917, due to the volcanic eruption, Batur village was destroyed and many people were killed by the lava that flowed out from the volcano. The village was rebuilt after this disaster but another eruption struck in 1926. It was fortunate that they were in time to moved most of the villagers out of the place. The village was then rebuilt again, this time at upper rim of the crater. Within this rim, a temple called Pura Ulun Danu has been erected.
The road that we took to Kintamani is quite a long one, running from Jimbaran via Bangli and Tampaksiring before reaching Kintamani , a journey that took us about 2 hours. It was not a favourable day for sight-seeing as the weather was gloomy and looks like it would rain any minute. Sure enough, upon arriving Kintamani, after making our stops at Celuk, Batuan and Mas, it was a heavy downpour. We were lucky in the sense that we have managed to capture a couple of pictures of Gunung Batur, the crater lake and the valley. I felt pretty disappointed that we do not have a chance to appreciate the beauty of it.
We were at the Penelokan "Place to Look" where there's a rail for you to look down and far ahead where there were little houses around Mount Batur. Further up, you will be able to see the crater lake. Seeing the clouds floating upon the crater lake gives a mystical feeling about the landscape.
Danau means valley - In the valley you will see greens and other vegetation and lots of specs of houses around the rim and the surroundings. I would guess that agriculture will be the main souce of income here.
- Pros:awesome scenery - volcano, lake & valley
- Cons:tainted by aggressive vendors selling wares at site
- In a nutshell:need a quieter place to admire such a landscape
Two good ways of going for Kintamani tour ( ours was to cover Celuk, Mas, Batuan, Bedulu, Kintamani and Klungkung)... more travel advice
Some tour groups will send the tourists to restaurants that so-called "have a better view" of Mount Batur and the crater... more travel advice
myspices' Related Pages
Kintamani Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Just chill out here!"
- "Kintamani - Mount Batur, Lake Batur & Danau Batur"
- "Kintamani, The Mount and The Lake Batur"
- "Famous For the Volcano and Lake Views"
- "Wonderful ceremony at the temple"
- "Climbing Gunung Batur"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kintamani
- Hotels in Kintamani
- Transportation in Kintamani
- Restaurants in Kintamani
- Warnings and Dangers in Kintamani
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kintamani
- 4 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Kintamani?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kintamani
Photos in KintamaniSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yangshuo Intro, 72 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Liuzhou Intro, 38 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nanning Intro, 36 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hanoi Intro, 46 reviews, 113 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vigan Intro, 32 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 29 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ubud Intro, 29 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sagada Intro, 32 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dazhai Intro, 35 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Baguio Intro, 30 reviews, 80 photos, 3 travelogues