"Kuta - Beautiful Beach with Exciting People" Kuta by myspices
Kuta Travel Guide: 428 reviews and 1,188 photos
Kuta, once a hot spot in Bali, is now lacking in its lustre. Eversince the bombings in Oct 2002, Kuta is still trying its best to revive its glory as one of the favourites in Bali. Today, most tourists prefer to stay in Nusa Dua or Sanur (Jimbaran being hit in 2005), where it is more exclusive and tighter security in hotels. Somehow, it is still a must to visit Kuta if you are in Bali.
Kuta has many tacky shops, best restaurants , exciting & coolest pubs and cafes, wide choice of accomodation - from the cheapest losmen to the higher end hotels and of course, a beautiful beach. You will either love Kuta for the excitement it eludes or dislike Kuta for being too commercialised and seedy.
I love Kuta for being "easy" and its laid back atmosphere. If you are there - you will find that same feeling too. The beach is the most favoured spot for all during the day and the evening. Many surfers will be enjoying the waves at Kuta beach. You can simply sit under some shady trees, watch people or just feel the breeze. During the night, the place to hang out would be the cool spots at pubs and cafes and if you like, a walk by Kuta beach
In Kuta, there are alot of shops for surfers - you can either buy or rent the surf boards. There are even lessons in surfing if you wish to learn. Kuta, formerly only a fishing village has now changed into an area of overdeveloped region.
Kuta is a great shopping haven for all - especially for the ladies. Main streets and alleys - all that you want, you are sure to find it - you name it, they have it. Enjoy bargaining with the vendors but make sure that if they agreed to sell you at the price you asked for - buy the goods or else you will see an angry person shouting at you even if you are miles away.
- Pros:lots of exciting things to do ...
- Cons:too commercialised
- In a nutshell:Kuta - trying its best to revive..
Don't be surprised that while you relaxing and having a bite , someone will pull a chair and sit next to you . He will... more travel advice
wear light clothings sandals for walking on the beach caps & hats sunshades - avoid the strong sunlight Lots of... more travel advice
- The price could go lower ....
- Sing along with the Up & Coming Stars...
- Strategic, near Kuta Beach
- See All If you don't have time to shop for...
myspices' Related Pages
Kuta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "kuta, bali"
- "Kuta - My 1st Love"
- "Kuta & Legian - Famous Beach in Bali"
- "a perfect sunset ever"
- "Once upon a time in Kuta"
- "tips for kuta"
- "The ever so famous Kuta"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuta
- Hotels in Kuta
- Transportation in Kuta
- Nightlife in Kuta
- Restaurants in Kuta
- Shopping in Kuta
- Warnings and Dangers in Kuta
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kuta
- 19 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Kuta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuta
Photos in KutaSee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yangshuo Intro, 72 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Liuzhou Intro, 38 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nanning Intro, 36 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hanoi Intro, 46 reviews, 113 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vigan Intro, 32 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 29 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ubud Intro, 29 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sagada Intro, 32 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dazhai Intro, 35 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Baguio Intro, 30 reviews, 80 photos, 3 travelogues