My Passion - See the World..
I have found my Passion! and i would indulge in it. Everytime when i have decided to mark a little dot on the map, I feel so excited about the planning and trying to spend more time reading about how to go about it and covering as much as my travel time permits. Even before getting to that place, I somehow has the feeling of "I have been there" - I guess while reading the stuff, I allow my soul and mind to travel with it .....and it's really kinda a nice feel.
I love doing it by way of backpacking - not only it's economical, you get to see and feel so much during your travels. I love road and train trips - meeting so many locals during these long journeys - learning some of their cultures and understanding some of the adversities - appreciating cultural differences and bearing with them has widen my horizon. I have learnt to accept certain weird and queer behaviours with more grace. I find myself to be more forgiving and accepting.
I have travelled to most parts of my home country, Malaysia - sorry, have not found time as yet to update these in my travel pages as the pictures were not digitally taken. I then made my way out to the neighbouring countries like Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Korea, Philippines and parts of China.
During my travels, these are some of the "weird" stuffs i would do :-
1) non-stop shooting pictures - I will get really frustrated if i ran out of memory cards and battery
2) try out local specialities - if my guts permit it
3) venture to all possible "must see, must do" stuff - if my travel time permits
4) journalized my travels in a little note book - especially on transport & costs
5) collect brochures and maps so that i can share with other travellers , i even keep my bus and travel tickets...absurd, right?
6) keep to one backpack (2weeks travel) only - refused to check in luggage.
My motto for travel is " half the luggage, double the money"
Here's an oath to my Passion ;)
Quenching the heart, nourishing the soul
I will take my Passion along....
..in search of places warm and cold
Meeting friends here and there
My Passion's horizon widens ....
..enriched with friendship, love and care
In each place and in each heart
Where my Passion has touched ....
..may sweet memories impart
If indeed my Passion dies one day
It should be a sad moment ...
...as that's when my still body lays