"Outside the Box......." myspices's Profile
I have found my Passion! and i would indulge in it. Everytime when i have decided to mark a little dot on the map, I feel so excited about the planning and trying to spend more time reading about how to go about it and covering as much as my travel time permits. Even before getting to that place, I somehow has the feeling of "I have been there" - I guess while reading the stuff, I allow my soul and mind to travel with it .....and it's really kinda a nice feel.
I love doing it by way of backpacking - not only it's economical, you get to see and feel so much during your travels. I love road and train trips - meeting so many locals during these long journeys - learning some of their cultures and understanding some of the adversities - appreciating cultural differences and bearing with them has widen my horizon. I have learnt to accept certain weird and queer behaviours with more grace. I find myself to be more forgiving and accepting.
I have travelled to most parts of my home country, Malaysia - sorry, have not found time as yet to update these in my travel pages as the pictures were not digitally taken. I then made my way out to the neighbouring countries like Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Korea, Philippines and parts of China.
During my travels, these are some of the "weird" stuffs i would do :-
1) non-stop shooting pictures - I will get really frustrated if i ran out of memory cards and battery
2) try out local specialities - if my guts permit it
3) venture to all possible "must see, must do" stuff - if my travel time permits
4) journalized my travels in a little note book - especially on transport & costs
5) collect brochures and maps so that i can share with other travellers , i even keep my bus and travel tickets...absurd, right?
6) keep to one backpack (2weeks travel) only - refused to check in luggage.
My motto for travel is " half the luggage, double the money"
Here's an oath to my Passion ;)
Quenching the heart, nourishing the soul
I will take my Passion along....
..in search of places warm and cold
Meeting friends here and there
My Passion's horizon widens ....
..enriched with friendship, love and care
In each place and in each heart
Where my Passion has touched ....
..may sweet memories impart
If indeed my Passion dies one day
It should be a sad moment ...
...as that's when my still body lays
"Not all who wander are lost"
Here are some of the tiny dots I have made on the map.....
Route : Chiangmai, Mae Hong Son, Bangkok, Ayuthaya
Route : Beijing, Tianjin, Chengde
Route : PhnomPenh, SiemReap, Ho ChiMinhCity, Mekong Delta, Dalat, Cantho, Tay Ninh, Vinh Long
Route : Seoul, Sokcho, Seorak, Chuncheon, Gyeongju, Busan, Samcheonpo, Geoje
Route : Hanoi, Babe, LaoCai, Sapa, Halong, Dong Hoi, Hue, Hoi An, Danang,
Indonesia - Bali
Period :15th Feb to 20th Feb
Route : Denpasar, Kuta, Kintamani, Ubud, Tampaksiring, Tanah Lot, Uluwatu, Bedahulu, Gianyar, Klungklung, Jimbaran
China - Macau, Hongkong, Guangdong Province
Period : 6th Apr to 17 Apr
Route: Macau, Zhuhai, Zhongshan, Zhaoqing, Foshan, Guangdong, Shenzhen, Hongkong Island, Kowloon, CheungChau
China - Macau, Liaoning Province
Period : 15th Sep to 27th Sep
Route: Macau, Zhuhai, Shenzhen, Beijing, Shenyang, Datong, Dalian
Philippines - Northern Luzon
Period : 4th Oct to 10Oct
Route: Clark, Angeles City, Laoag, Paoay, Batac, Vigan, Sagada, Baguio, Bontoc, Bananue
Indonesia - Solo/Jogjakarta
Period : 23rd Dec to 26th Dec
Route: Solo, Jogjakarta, Borobudor, Prambanan
China - Macau, Hainan Province
Period : 7th Mar to 18th Mar
Route: Macau, Haikou, Xinglong, Sanya
Philippines - Central
Period : 7th Jul to 17th Jul
Route: Clark, Manila, Makati, Cavite, Tagaytay, Talisay, Lake Taal, Batangas, Puerto Galera, Pangsanjan
Indonesia - Jakarta, Bandung
Period : 26th Aug to 31st Aug
Route: Jakarta, Bandung
China - Macau, Guangxi Province
Period : 11th Sep to 23rd Sep
Route: Macau, Zhuhai, Nanning, Liuzhou, Guilin, Longsheng, Dazhai, Ping An, Yangshuo
China - Yunnan Province
Period : 9th May to 26th May
Route: Hanoi, LaoCai, Hekou, Kunming, Dali, Lijiang, Qiaotou, Tiger Leaping Gorge, Zhongdian (Shangrila), Deqin
Indonesia - Surabaya
Period : 21st Jul to 27th Jul
Route: Surabaya, Mt Bromo, Kawah Ijen
Period : 9th Sep to 16th Sep
Route: Vientiane, Luang Prabang, Vang Vieng
China - Shanghai, Zhejiang, Jiangsu & Anhui Provinces
Period : 20th Oct to 1st Nov
Route: Hangzhou, Shanghai, Suzhou, Huangshan
Indonesia - South Sulawesi : Makassar, Tana Toraja, Sengkang, Pantai Bira
Period : 7th Dec to 14th Dec
Route: Makassar, Pare-pare, Enrekang, Makale, Rantepao, Tana Toraja, Sengkang, Watampone, Sinjai, Bulukumba, Pantai Bira, Bantaeng
Thailand - Bangkok
Period : 19th Jun to 23rd Jun
Route: direct Bangkok
East Coast of Australia - Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Tasmania
Period : 10th Sep to 30th Sep
Route: Melbourne, Tasmania, Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne
Taiwan - Taipei, Chia Yi, Alishan, YuShan, Hualien, Taroko, Yilan
Period : 10th Mar to 21st Mar
Route: Taipei, Chia Yi, Alishan, YuShan, Hualien, Taroko, Yilan, Taipei
China - Sichuan, Gansu, Shaanxi Provinces
Period : 7th Sep to 22nd Sep
Route: Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Huanglong, Songpan, Zoige (Nuoerkai), Hezuo, Lanzhou, Xi'an, Chengdu
Hooray, plans for 2011 - must go, must go....
Philippines - Cebu, Boracay, Palawan, Puerto Princessa, Bohol
Period : 8th Mar to 20th Mar
China - Hunan, Chongqing Provinces
Period : 14th Oct to 31st Oct
Route: Guilin, Zhangjiajie, Chongqing, Yangtze 3 gorges, Shenzhen
Somewhere, over the rainbow, there lies my dream ...
4) South Africa
8) Silk Road
9) New Zealand
10) Australia - Done in 2009!
Personal Pages (2)
Written Jan 13, 2007
Welcome to Feejin's niche (My 1st HomePage - KIV)
Written Jan 15, 2007
My SpiCes in Life ....
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 653 Reviews
- 2,091 Photos
- 8 Countries
- 32 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
- myspices and teevee are now friends.
- Commented on weebsdavid's profile page
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sichuan - Everything with Chillies!"
- created a Sichuan Sheng Travel Page "Sichuan - Everything with Chillies!"
updated their Profile Page "Outside the Box......."
- Posted in Travel Chengdu Forum "Re: Kangding & Luding"
- Wrote a Review Patuxai - Great Pics at the top in Vientiane Things to Do
PhotosSee All Photos (2091)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yangshuo Intro, 72 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Liuzhou Intro, 38 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nanning Intro, 36 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hanoi Intro, 46 reviews, 113 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vigan Intro, 32 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 29 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ubud Intro, 29 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sagada Intro, 32 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dazhai Intro, 35 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Baguio Intro, 30 reviews, 80 photos, 3 travelogues