"Cesis – historical town" Top 5 Page for this destination Cesis by js77
Cesis Travel Guide: 63 reviews and 163 photos
Cesis is very nice and interesting town. It is one of the best destinations in Latvia in my opinion. Now it's a small town, but in medieval times Cesis was politically the 2nd (after Riga, of course) most important city/town in modern territory of Latvia (now it is 2nd beer producing centre of Latvia-;)). That time (with some interruption) Cesis was the residance for Master of Livonian Order.
The ruins of Livonian Order castle in Cesis are one of the most impressive in Latvia. The town also has old medieval church and nice (though small) historic centre.
This very impessive sandstone rock is located on the banks of river Gauja between Cesis and Valmiera. Unlikely to some... more travel advice
This church built in the end of 13th century was one of the main churches in Livonia. The tower is built later than the... more travel advice
js77's Related Pages
Cesis Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The start point of christianic Latvia"
- "Cesis – historical town"
- "Wet wet wet Cesis"
- "Cesis - medieval atmosphere Latvian town"
- "Cesis - wonderful town in Latvia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cesis
- Hotels in Cesis
- Transportation in Cesis
- Nightlife in Cesis
- Restaurants in Cesis
- Shopping in Cesis
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cesis
- 6 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Cesis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cesis
Photos in CesisSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saaremaa Intro, 10 reviews, 31 photos
- Esfahan Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glendalough Lakes Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos
- Limbazi Intro, 7 reviews, 24 photos
- Yazd Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Drogheda Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Kashan Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos
- Tehran Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuressaare Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Mazsalaca Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos