"Glendalough/Gleann Dá Locha" Top 5 Page for this destination Glendalough Lakes by js77
Glendalough Lakes Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 192 photos
This is a place where St. Kevin came on 498 AD and set up a house. This is one of the most important Irish historic and Christian sites. You can enjoy nice scenery and monastic site with very old ruined churches as well as the symbol of Glendalough – the round tower. If you have enough time you can hike the mountains there. The largest problem is the almost non existent public transportation, so better if you have your own car to come here.
Actually this is 11th century church not a kitchen. It looks like it has been rebuilt later as I can’t believe the... more travel advice
This was the main and biggest church of monastery. more travel advice
js77's Related Pages
Glendalough Lakes Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Glendalough - Co. Wicklow"
- "Glendalough - Ancient Ireland!"
- "Orlikins goes to Glendalough"
- "Glendalough/Gleann Dá Locha"
- "Glendalough, County Wicklow"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Glendalough Lakes
- Hotels in Glendalough Lakes
- Transportation in Glendalough Lakes
- Nightlife in Glendalough Lakes
- Restaurants in Glendalough Lakes
- Warnings and Dangers in Glendalough Lakes
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Glendalough Lakes
- 9 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Glendalough Lakes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Glendalough Lakes
Photos in Glendalough LakesSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saaremaa Intro, 10 reviews, 31 photos
- Esfahan Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glendalough Lakes Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos
- Limbazi Intro, 7 reviews, 24 photos
- Yazd Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Drogheda Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Kashan Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos
- Tehran Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuressaare Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Mazsalaca Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos