"Newgrange" Top 5 Page for this destination Newgrange by js77
Newgrange Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 73 photos
The Neolithic passage tomb Newgrange is maginificent place. Without a doubt it is one of the highlights of Ireland. It is a must see place if you are interested in ancient history and archeology. Sometimes (in holidays and in summer) there could be shortage of tickets (the number of visitors per day is limited), so better come early in the morning to avoid coming too late. I came there at 11pm and everything was ok. I didn't had to wait for my turn. Visiting Newgrange (as well as Knowth or Dowth) is availaible only with guided tour through Bru na Boinne visitor centre from where there are museum buses which will take you directly to (as well as back from) the sites.
Newgrange is Neolithic passage tomb built 5000 years ago. In fact, it is older the Egyptian pyramids. The white facade... more travel advice
js77's Related Pages
Newgrange Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A tomb, older then the Pyramids & Stonehenge"
- "To Go there alone or not, that's no question, ...."
- "A tour of living history"
- "Eszter's Newgrange Page"
- "WELCOME TO MY MODEST NEWGRANGE PAGE ......:-)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Newgrange
- Transportation in Newgrange
- Warnings and Dangers in Newgrange
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Newgrange
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Newgrange?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Newgrange
Photos in NewgrangeSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saaremaa Intro, 10 reviews, 31 photos
- Esfahan Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos
- Glendalough Lakes Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos
- Limbazi Intro, 7 reviews, 24 photos
- Yazd Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Drogheda Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Kashan Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos
- Tehran Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuressaare Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Mazsalaca Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos