"Esfahan" Esfahan by js77
Esfahan Travel Guide: 356 reviews and 1,067 photos
"Half of the world" - almost every tourist/traveller visiting this city have heard this quotation... Well, it's definitely not half of the world (sorry, Esfahanis -;)), but surely it is historically the most important and one of the most interesting cities in Iran or even in middle East.
The houses in city are not that old as in old parts of Yazd or Kashan, but its mosques, palaces, Imam square and Armenian quarter are very hard to beaten by any other Iranian city. I was in Esfahan for 1.5 days, but my advice is to stay there at least 2 or 3 days. You will not regret it. And don't think this is a touristic city with hordes of tourists from Europe, US or Japan. There isn't any city in Iran overcrowded by tourists. So Esfahan isn't, too. Don't try to run through the places of interest. Take your time and enjoy the place you are visiting.
Actually this little church is not supposed for tourists/travellers and it is closed, but when I passed by the church... more travel advice
The houses of quarter are not as old as, for example, in Armenian quarter in Lviv, Ukraine, because it does not back to... more travel advice
js77's Related Pages
Esfahan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Everyone says it ....."
- "Esfahan nesf-e jahan"
- "HALF THE WORLD"
- "ISFAHAN or ESFAHAN, "THE HALF OF WORLD""
- "Bridges and square"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Esfahan
- Hotels in Esfahan
- Transportation in Esfahan
- Nightlife in Esfahan
- Restaurants in Esfahan
- Shopping in Esfahan
- Warnings and Dangers in Esfahan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Esfahan
- 13 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Esfahan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Esfahan
Photos in EsfahanSee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saaremaa Intro, 10 reviews, 31 photos
- Esfahan Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos
- Glendalough Lakes Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos
- Limbazi Intro, 7 reviews, 24 photos
- Yazd Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Drogheda Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Kashan Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos
- Tehran Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuressaare Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Mazsalaca Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos