"Choqa Zanbil" Chogha Zanbil by js77
Chogha Zanbil Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 16 photos
Choqa Zanbil is a must see place for everyone visiting South East part of Iran. Even if your are not interesetd in ancient history, the little ruined ziggurat looks extremely impressive. The place is very little visited (almost not visited at all) since there are problems with getting by public transport. This is the only ziggurat outside Iraq - therefore the only ziggurat in the world (at least for some time) you can visit without serious risk to your health and life.
Ziggurat is built more than 3000 years ago. It was built by Elamites (their enscriptions are visible on bricks of... more travel advice
js77's Related Pages
Chogha Zanbil Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Biggest Ziggurat In The World !"
- "ATTRACTIVE ANCIENT SITE, CHOGHAZANBIL"
- "Choqa Zanbil"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chogha Zanbil
- 3 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Chogha Zanbil?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chogha Zanbil
Photos in Chogha ZanbilSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saaremaa Intro, 10 reviews, 31 photos
- Esfahan Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glendalough Lakes Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos
- Limbazi Intro, 7 reviews, 24 photos
- Yazd Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Drogheda Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Kashan Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos
- Tehran Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuressaare Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Mazsalaca Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos