"JR Kyoto" Kyoto by matjung
Kyoto Travel Guide: 1,899 reviews and 6,113 photos
Kyoto was the first place I visited during my Japan vacation.
I went from Kansai Airport to JR Kyoto by train. It is a modern station with lots of shopping opportunities.
The tourist information office is well equiped with maps and leaflets.
Internet was 100 yen per 15 minutes.
Lots of small restaurants with reasonable priced food.
I went twice to Japan, first in spring 2006 then again in august 2013.
Both times Kansai airport was place of arrival.
And JR Kyoto was the place I passed by in the morning and evening.
Kyoto is surrounded by lots of Woods, Forests and Mountains.
The majority of the temples are build along the wood line. It can take one or by bus from JR Kyoto to the temples. Best option to explore Kyoto is by bus and on foot. A single ride in the city costs 220 yen. Best value is a one day ticket (bus only) for 500 yen.
Enjoy walking from temple to temple.
Of course there are also some traditional japanese structures middle in the city.
Entrance fees varies between 200 and 600 Yen. Some temples open up early in the morning, offer free green tea, and others are open until late in the evening. Most attractions are opened between 9 and 5.
On a lucky day you can see monkeys in the surrounding woods and mountains.
- Pros:Tidy, Clean, Well Organized, Reasonable Priced
- Cons:Lots of People
- In a nutshell:Kansai in Spring, Cherries, Maiko Odori, Hot Springs and Temples; what a good combination for a holiday.
It's a nice temple. Still in use by monks. Features library and tea room. Secret Gardn. more travel advice
I was staying for one week in the Budget Inn in Kyoto. It features cycle hire, kimono dress for women and internet... more travel advice
matjung's Related Pages
Kyoto Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kyoto is a must see for every tourist in Japan!"
- "Cultural Capital Kyoto"
- "WORLD OF ITS OWN (Kyoto,Nara,Osaka,Himeji & Kobe)"
- "KYOTO - THE HEART OF JAPAN"
- "City of two thousand shrines"
- "Kyoto: A Family Trip Through a World Heritage City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kyoto
- Hotels in Kyoto
- Transportation in Kyoto
- Nightlife in Kyoto
- Restaurants in Kyoto
- Shopping in Kyoto
- Warnings and Dangers in Kyoto
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kyoto
- 4 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Kyoto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kyoto
Top 10 Pages
- Düsseldorf Intro, 10 reviews, 21 photos
- Chur Intro, 6 reviews, 24 photos
- Singapore Intro, 6 reviews, 20 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos
- Konstanz Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Einsiedeln Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos
- Madrid Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Kyoto Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos
No friends yet.