"Einsiedeln in Winter" Einsiedeln by matjung
Einsiedeln Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 50 photos
Einsiedeln is a picturesque village at the shore of Lake Sihl (Sihlsee).
The village is not only famous for its abbey but also for its ginger bread.
The kids do sledging in the hills behind the abbey.
Around 4:30pm there was a performance of the monks.
I took the picture outside the abbey just after the service.
- Pros:Near Zurich
- Cons:Not a member of Zurich Public Transport Area
You find a fair share of small shops in front of the abbey. There you get almost everything from souveniers to swiss... more travel advice
The gingerbread museum is located inside a former shop that used to sell gingerbread. It is rather small, but admission... more travel advice
matjung's Related Pages
Einsiedeln Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Einsiedeln"
- "Einsiedeln, Switzerland ..."
- "Einsiedeln in Winter"
- "Place of Culture and Pilgrimage"
- "Delightful Einsiedeln"
- "The church in Einsiedeln"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Einsiedeln
- Transportation in Einsiedeln
- Restaurants in Einsiedeln
- Shopping in Einsiedeln
- Warnings and Dangers in Einsiedeln
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Einsiedeln
- 7 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Einsiedeln?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Einsiedeln
Top 10 Pages
- Düsseldorf Intro, 10 reviews, 21 photos
- Chur Intro, 6 reviews, 24 photos
- Singapore Intro, 6 reviews, 20 photos
- Konstanz Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Einsiedeln Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos
- Madrid Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Kyoto Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos
- Negeri Melaka Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
No friends yet.