"Dublin - Ryanair, Guiness and beyond" Dublin by matjung
Dublin Travel Guide: 5,196 reviews and 9,642 photos
Ryanair is the first successful discount airline operator in Europe and has its headquarter here in Dublin. It connects Dublin with lots of cities all over Europe.
It's main competitor is Aer Lingus which connects Dublin with America and Dubai and all other main European cities. Sometimes cheaper than Ryanair.
Ireland is famous for Guiness Beer. However Guiness is not the only brewery in Dublin. The smaller competitor Porter House operates a few pubs in Dublin where it serves its own tasty beer.
Dublin is also the headquarter of Jameson Whiskey. They also have a distillery in MIdleton, Co. Cork. And from a tourists point of view. Don't waste your time visiting the Dublin Distillery. Visit Middleton its better there.
Dublin has many Business Parks. The one closest to the city centre is the International Financial Services Center (IFSC). A number of "fringe festivals" do take place among the IFSC buildings.
IFSC provides about 10000 work places and is expanding.
Another interesting park is East Point Business Park in Dublin 3. A free shuttle bus connects Clontarif Dart Station with the Business Park.
- Pros:Urban Agglomaration, Shopping, Airport, Seaport, Jobs
- Cons:Garbage, Pollution, Inefficient Public Transport, Expensive
- In a nutshell:Ryanair, Guiness and Trinity. Come here, find out and write about it.
When there is low tide then you can go on foot from Sandymount or Booterstown to the Irishtown Nature Park.... more travel advice
Dublin has a number of shopping malls and the one in Dundrum is accessible by the Luas. It's one of the biggest shopping... more travel advice
matjung's Related Pages
Dublin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ultra Trendy Capital City"
- "Great place - but not the real Ireland"
- "Dublin - The Windy City!!"
- "My first trip to Ireland!"
- "Dirty old town"
- "The GREAT city of Dublin"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dublin
- Hotels in Dublin
- Transportation in Dublin
- Nightlife in Dublin
- Restaurants in Dublin
- Shopping in Dublin
- Warnings and Dangers in Dublin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dublin
- 6 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Dublin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dublin
Top 10 Pages
- Düsseldorf Intro, 10 reviews, 21 photos
- Chur Intro, 6 reviews, 24 photos
- Singapore Intro, 6 reviews, 20 photos
- Konstanz Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Einsiedeln Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos
- Madrid Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Kyoto Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos
- Negeri Melaka Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
No friends yet.