"Singapore - Songs of the Sea" Singapore by matjung
Singapore Travel Guide: 4,509 reviews and 10,201 photos
Like most tourists I have arrived in Singapore by plane.
Landing was at about 16:20. Going through immigration was smooth.
Luggage was promptly returned and 30 minutes after arrival I was already heading with MRT (Mass Rapid Transit) to town. The next stop after the aiport is expo then comes Tanah Merah Station where you need to change the train.
Believe it or not that pic was taken at the airport.
Singapore is a little like London, Dublin or Paris.
Cosmopolitan. You find a combination of Chinese, Indians, Malay and Eurasians there.
In my view the food is of good quality and is fairly priced.
Despite the size of Singapore (about 800 sq km) and its growth in population and developent of residential and commerical areas.
There is still a green belt among the communities.
If you think about Singapore like London or Paris, you're wrong.
It is much bigger. They do have a train based public transport system. But it is not like the underground system in London or Paris. It is more like the S-Bahn system in Germany. At each station they show you - like in japan - where the doors will open and at what time the next train arrives.
- Cons:Expensive at times, Humid weather, Public Transport cloeses 11:30pm
- In a nutshell:Songs of the Sea
My favourite attraction on Sentosa Island was songs of the sea. 2nd next was to play along the Merlion Walk. To fully... more travel advice
If you opt to visit Singapore with friends and family then you may want to go to the Jurong Birdpark, Zoo and Night... more travel advice
matjung's Related Pages
Singapore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Uniquely Singapore"
- "Singapore Downtown"
- "(the real) Happiest Place on Earth"
- "Home away from Home"
- "ONE ISLAND WITH 63 SURROUNDING ISLETS"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Singapore
- Hotels in Singapore
- Transportation in Singapore
- Nightlife in Singapore
- Restaurants in Singapore
- Shopping in Singapore
- Warnings and Dangers in Singapore
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Singapore
- 6 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Singapore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Singapore
Photos in SingaporeSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Düsseldorf Intro, 10 reviews, 21 photos
- Singapore Intro, 6 reviews, 20 photos
- Konstanz Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Einsiedeln Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos
- Madrid Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Kyoto Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos
- Negeri Melaka Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Dublin Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
No friends yet.
Latest Singapore hotel reviews
- Ambassador Transit Hotel Terminal 3
- 204 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 9, 2013
- Great World Serviced Apartments
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 17, 2013
- Fraser Place Singapore
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- 228 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- The Ascott Singapore
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Habitat Hostels
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 10, 2010
- Concorde Hotel Singapore
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
- Wow Hostels
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 23, 2013
- Fragrance Hotel - Balestier
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 13, 2013
- Costa Sands Resort East Coast
- 1 Review & Opinion
Latest: Apr 11, 2013