"Nope, all roads lead to London" London by hindu1936
London Travel Guide: 23,694 reviews and 50,465 photos
Probably one of the most photograped places in the world, Buckingham still attracts more tourists than anywhere else. The pomp, the colors, the tradition, and of course, in June, the real Majesty lend an aura of Camelot, knights, and glory to the whole scene. I still get excited everytime I go there. Others have given the history.
Arrive early, claim a spot. Get your phtos and return to your spot. My wife stands guard over our place near the fence where the best shots of the chainging of the guard are taken. If you move, you lose.
The architecture of Buckingham is not remarkable and that in itself is remarkable. Built during an era when opulence and gaudiness was in style, Buckingham is restrained to the point of being nearly austere. Its beauty lies in its history and tradition rather than in its appearance.
This is what the crowds gather for. The courage of these young men is incredible. The misery of wearing those heavy clothes, a giant hat, and carrying an on-duty weapon (their rifles are loaded these days) in the summer heat is an example of devotion.
- Pros:London has preserved its history better than any other city
- Cons:The fees are unreasonable to enter any tourist site.
- In a nutshell:Take pictures, don't go in.
hindu1936's Related Pages
London Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Current Home"
- "Maybe it's Because I'm A Londoner...."
- "Gor Blimey guv'ner...you'r having a larf......"
- "London, the capital of England"
- "When a man tires of London, he is tired of life"
- "Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner ..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in London
- Hotels in London
- Transportation in London
- Nightlife in London
- Restaurants in London
- Shopping in London
- Warnings and Dangers in London
- See All...
Badges & Stats in London
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in London
Photos in LondonSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- South Korea Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos
- Oregon Intro, 9 reviews, 33 photos
- Ch'onan Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos
- Seoul Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- Victoria 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Bath Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Beijing Shi 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Koje-do Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Canterbury Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- London Intro, 1 review, 6 photos