"Austrian Wine country" Top 5 Page for this destination Rust by BorneoGrrl
Rust Travel Guide: 59 reviews and 136 photos
I was told once that the storks that live atop of the chimneys in Rust have been there since some were rescued when they couldn't fly south for the winter. Apparently, some of the birds got hurt and the locals helped them recover and they haven't left eversince. Luck birds. Even their nests were specially prepared for them to stay
Rust is a town located in Burgenland, known for two things: its excellent wine and the storks that nest on the town rooftops. I was here in the Autumn to experience the lovely countryside and wine tasting. With fine wines like that, I wouldn't want to leave either
Rust is a town known for its excellent wines. There are several restaurant and vinoteks or heurigens that serves wines... more travel advice
Rust has a nearby lake where you can easily walk to and enjoy the natural surroundings. The vast wetlands surrounding... more travel advice
BorneoGrrl's Related Pages
Rust Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Perle des Ostens (Oesterreichs)"
- "LAKESIDE RUST - HOME OF THE WHITE STORK"
- "The only town at Lake Neusiedler See"
- "RUST ~ HOME OF THE STORKS"
- "Austrian Wine country"
- "Stork Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rust
- Hotels in Rust
- Transportation in Rust
- Nightlife in Rust
- Restaurants in Rust
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rust
- 6 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Rust?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rust
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khartoum Intro, 53 reviews, 78 photos
- Athens Intro, 34 reviews, 51 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 35 reviews, 44 photos
- Kuching Intro, 29 reviews, 45 photos
- Vienna Intro, 29 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miri Intro, 26 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amboseli National Park Intro, 24 reviews, 38 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 23 reviews, 30 photos
- Dubai Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos
- Florence Intro, 21 reviews, 29 photos