Florence Hotel Tips by BorneoGrrl
Florence Hotels: 224,153 reviews and 495 photos
The Domus Florentiae Hotel has a great location for its price, just 5-min walk from the train station and you can get to most of Florence's major attractions within 15 min on foot. My stay was a pleasant one because the room I got (deluxe) was quite spacious for an Italian hotel. There were 2 single beds + a day bed in the room and the bathroom had room to stand & walk without knocking stuff off the sink.
Since it was away from the main square, it was quiet & less crowded. Breakfast was simple (Italian style), bread, cheese, fruits & espresso drinks, which is great for me.
Unique Qualities: I had a semi view of the Santa Maria Novella because the window shutter hid most of the view. There is an internet cafe just beside the hotel which is great when you need to send emails or check your VT page!
Getting to most attractions is fast & easy on foot, the Duomo, Piazza del Signora & Ponte Vecchio are minutes away. There are also a couple of restaurants & pizzerias close to the hotel so you won't be denied of food.
Address: Via degli Avelli 2, , Florence, Tuscany 50123
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: From the train station, walk towards Santa Maria Novella cathedral, make a right to the square & the hotel is on the left next to the internet cafe
Phone: 055 265 4645
More Reviews (20)
- See All Lots of locals
- See All Explore the piazza
- Shop for less!
- See All Have some food & drinks
BorneoGrrl's Related Pages
Florence Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "FIRENZE - FLORENCE"
- "My Relationship With Firenze"
- "Firenze -Florence - Florenz - Florencia"
- "weekends in Florence"
- "Breathtaking Florence!"
- "Fourth time round....."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Florence
- Hotels in Florence
- Transportation in Florence
- Nightlife in Florence
- Restaurants in Florence
- Shopping in Florence
- Warnings and Dangers in Florence
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Florence
- 21 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Florence?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Florence
Read real reviews about Florence Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khartoum Intro, 53 reviews, 78 photos
- Athens Intro, 34 reviews, 51 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 35 reviews, 44 photos
- Kuching Intro, 29 reviews, 45 photos
- Vienna Intro, 29 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miri Intro, 26 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amboseli National Park Intro, 24 reviews, 38 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 23 reviews, 30 photos
- Dubai Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos
- Florence Intro, 21 reviews, 29 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (100)
- Il Duomo - Santa Maria del Fiore- 250 Reviews, 518 Photos
- Ponte Vecchio- 192 Reviews, 324 Photos
- Piazzale Michelangelo- 74 Reviews, 138 Photos
- Uffizi Gallery - Galleria Degli Uffizi- 174 Reviews, 242 Photos
- David Statue- 72 Reviews, 96 Photos
- Pitti Palace - Palazzo Pitti- 67 Reviews, 143 Photos
- Basilica Di Santa Croce- 122 Reviews, 240 Photos
- Palazzo Vecchio- 77 Reviews, 158 Photos
- Piazza Della Signoria- 97 Reviews, 203 Photos
- Galleria dell'Accademia- 80 Reviews, 84 Photos
See All Florence Things to Do