"Eternal Rome" Rome by BorneoGrrl

Rome Travel Guide: 11,967 reviews and 26,456 photos

Capital of Italy and the Eternal City

My first trip to Italy was to Rome. I was absolutely amazed by this beautiful city full of history and culture. From the ancient Colloseum to the Spanish Steps, there is never enough time to explore this wonderful city.

In Roman mythology, Rome was founded on April 21, 753 BC by the twin descendants of the Trojan prince Aeneas, Romulus and Remus. The princes quarrelled over the location of the city which resulted in Romulus killing Remus. Therefore Romulus named the city after himself and became the first of seven Kings of Rome.

Rome is also called "la Citta Eterna" (the Eternal City). I believe that will be for a long time time come

• Pros:The city is like an open museum
  • Cons:A little dirty in some places
  • In a nutshell:La Dolci Vita!
  • Last visit to Rome: Jan 2007

Feb 4, 2007 at 6:33 AM

Good page; I'll be there in 4 days

• Pixiekatten's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2006 at 5:36 AM

Beautiful Rome pix! :) A city that is topping my "to do"-list!! Thanks for sharing! :)

• nicolaitan's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2006 at 11:40 AM

This very nice page brought back nice memories. However, Tiffany takes extreme exception to your use of the phrase "swing a dead cat". :) N.

• high_d's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2006 at 10:59 AM

...still jealous about this page ;P Ah you see, I freper blue (my pavorite color:)) I love doing "Kodakan" <---yup, it's how I say taking pics...LOL... :0p NOT!

• Paisleypaul's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2006 at 3:14 PM

Enjoyed your Rome pages, we're back next month - you never get it all in......!

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2006 at 6:10 AM

Saw you posted more so here I am - especially like to see the our Rome fat cat habitat. Ciao, Carol

• ifam's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2005 at 2:41 AM

good write up dear..keep it up..cant wait to read other tips

• sayedaburas's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2005 at 3:02 AM

Yes, It is sweet for sure. Best of luck.

BorneoGrrl

“Everyday is an opportunity for adventure”

Badges & Stats in Rome