"Eternal Rome" Rome by BorneoGrrl
Rome Travel Guide: 11,958 reviews and 26,425 photos
My first trip to Italy was to Rome. I was absolutely amazed by this beautiful city full of history and culture. From the ancient Colloseum to the Spanish Steps, there is never enough time to explore this wonderful city.
In Roman mythology, Rome was founded on April 21, 753 BC by the twin descendants of the Trojan prince Aeneas, Romulus and Remus. The princes quarrelled over the location of the city which resulted in Romulus killing Remus. Therefore Romulus named the city after himself and became the first of seven Kings of Rome.
Rome is also called "la Citta Eterna" (the Eternal City). I believe that will be for a long time time come
- Pros:The city is like an open museum
- Cons:A little dirty in some places
- In a nutshell:La Dolci Vita!
After arriving in Rome, we went looking for a bite to eat before we board our train to Florence. After walking around... more travel advice
OK, OK I know it's cliche but I did make a trip to the local Hard Rock Cafe to get my pin. If you've been to a Hard Rock... more travel advice
BorneoGrrl's Related Pages
Rome Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "R O M E"
- "TO THE SOURCES OF MY CULTURE AND HISTORY."
- "Roma - Città Eterna"
- "Roma, una citta stupenda"
- "Rome : A Surpise Around Every Corner"
- "Awestruck in Rome"
- "The world's biggest open air museum?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rome
- Hotels in Rome
- Transportation in Rome
- Nightlife in Rome
- Restaurants in Rome
- Shopping in Rome
- Warnings and Dangers in Rome
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rome
- 21 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Rome?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rome
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khartoum Intro, 53 reviews, 78 photos
- Athens Intro, 34 reviews, 51 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 35 reviews, 44 photos
- Kuching Intro, 29 reviews, 45 photos
- Vienna Intro, 29 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miri Intro, 26 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amboseli National Park Intro, 24 reviews, 38 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 23 reviews, 30 photos
- Dubai Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos
- Florence Intro, 21 reviews, 29 photos