Khartoum Packing List Tips by BorneoGrrl Top 5 Page for this destination
Khartoum What to Pack: 8 reviews and 3 photos
Miscellaneous: Being Malaysian, we tend to have a lot of flavours in our food. So, if you are like me, you should bring your favourite foodstuff to Sudan because it will either be next to impossible to find it here or it will be double or more the price back home. Dry foods, spices and exotic ingredients are part of my packing list whenever I come here. Occasionally, I'll bring other stuff like cheese & dry meats for my friends
Miscellaneous: If you're planning on bringing your pets to Sudan, bear in mind that it is next to impossible to get any decent cat or dog food in Khartoum. You may find them once or twice at Amarat centre and even if you do, it will cost you a bomb to buy them. So, bring lots of pet food when you come here or get your friends to carry some too
Luggage and bags: Unless you are here during the "winter" season, make sure you are packed for the heat, over 40 deg C to 50 deg C, especially between April and October. Hats, sunglasses and sunblock are essential because the sun's intensity is pretty strong. This coming from someone who's lived in the tropics all her life. Also, it's wise to bring mosquito repellent because of malaria and those buggers bite anyway.
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Cotton is the best to wear here because it's cooler and produce less static.
Toiletries and Medical Supplies: As most stuff here are imported, it's wise to bring what you can from home because it won't be easy to get what you want and if you do, the stuff will be very expensive. The weather is very dry so bring lots of lotion or moisturiser to prevent your skin from getting dehydrated.
More Reviews (50)
- See All More coffee and souvenirs
- See All Traditional Lebanese Village
- See All No credit cards, cash only
- See All Cruising along the Nile
- See All The local boatyard in Omdurman
BorneoGrrl's Related Pages
Khartoum Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where the Two Rivers Merge into the Nile"
- "Where Africa and Arabia meet at the Nile"
- "Where The Two Niles Meet"
- "Elephant Trunk"
- "Discovering Khartoum"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Khartoum
- Hotels in Khartoum
- Transportation in Khartoum
- Nightlife in Khartoum
- Restaurants in Khartoum
- Shopping in Khartoum
- Warnings and Dangers in Khartoum
- See All...
Explore the World
- Ouderkerk aan de Amstel
- Marsalforn Hotels
- Ballast Key Hotels
- Butuan Hotels
- Arcos de la Frontera
- Región de Los Lagos
- Ventnor City
- Tyn nad Becvou Hotels
Badges & Stats in Khartoum
- 53 Reviews
- 78 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Khartoum?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Khartoum
Photos in KhartoumSee All Photos (78)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khartoum Intro, 53 reviews, 78 photos
- Athens Intro, 34 reviews, 51 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 35 reviews, 44 photos
- Kuching Intro, 29 reviews, 45 photos
- Vienna Intro, 29 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miri Intro, 26 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amboseli National Park Intro, 24 reviews, 38 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 23 reviews, 30 photos
- Dubai Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos
- Florence Intro, 21 reviews, 29 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (94)
Latest Khartoum hotel reviews
- Al Salam Rotana Hotel
- 93 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Regency Hotel
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
- Burj Al-Fateh Hotel
- 67 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 30, 2013
- Hilton Khartoum
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
- Grand Holiday Villa Khartoum
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 9, 2013
- 5M Hotel
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 22, 2012