"Home Sweet Home" Top 5 Page for this destination Miri by BorneoGrrl
Miri Travel Guide: 242 reviews and 620 photos
I've lived in Miri for over 20 years. Although I am not physically there, I will always call Miri my home. Wherever I may be in this world, there is no where better. I am still awed at the growth of this one-time oil town. Now, Miri is better known as a city with the fancy airport, tall buildings, posh houses and lovely parks.
Here's a few links to my hometown for your viewing pleasure :
1. Miri City - An introduction to Miri
2. Miri Resort City - Made by Mirians for Mirians (and everyone else)
3. Outpost Miri - Moving to Miri? This link has useful information
4. Curtin University - Study in Miri with an Australian university with low cost of living
5. Miri Marina - Sail to Miri
6. Weather in Miri - Check before you arrive
Coming back to Miri after a few months away is always a great time because there is nothing like being home. The town turned city is constantly surprising me with the amazing progress in this once sleepy oil town. From the moment I arrived at the airport, to all the way back to my house, there are new developments that are unfamiliar to me. Still, I feel that with all the changes, Miri still has that charm that leaves me glad to come here
This is where I went to school, St Joseph Secondary school also known as St Joe. I must admit, I didn't really enjoy school as much as I should. Maybe I was in a hurry to get out and go but I'm glad I completed my education. The school itself has been upgraded since I left, adding a new building or two to accommodate the growing community in Miri. Back then, we didn't have mobile phones, cable tv or posh cars (I sound like I was born lightyears ago) but I still had lots of fun with my friends
- Pros:Miri is right on the coast, great seafood & friendly people
- Cons:Cost of living is on the rise
- In a nutshell:There's nowhere quite like Miri
Taman Selera is situated by the beach in Tanjung Lobang. This place brings back many memories because it used to be The... more travel advice
The Petroleum Museum was opened on 20 May 2005, right next to the Grand Old Lady, because of the significance of the... more travel advice
BorneoGrrl's Related Pages
Miri Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MIRI - THE OIL TOWN"
- "Home Sweet Home"
- "Miri - Resort City & Gateway to the Wild"
- "Starting point"
- "MIRI FOR A DAY!"
- "Miri - Starting point for National Parks and more!"
- "My hometown"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Miri
- Hotels in Miri
- Transportation in Miri
- Nightlife in Miri
- Restaurants in Miri
- Shopping in Miri
- Warnings and Dangers in Miri
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Miri
- 26 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 21 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Miri?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Miri
Photos in MiriSee All Photos (37)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khartoum Intro, 53 reviews, 78 photos
- Athens Intro, 34 reviews, 51 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 35 reviews, 44 photos
- Kuching Intro, 29 reviews, 45 photos
- Vienna Intro, 29 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miri Intro, 26 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amboseli National Park Intro, 24 reviews, 38 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 23 reviews, 30 photos
- Dubai Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos
- Florence Intro, 21 reviews, 29 photos