Pulau Pangkor Transportation Tips by BorneoGrrl Top 5 Page for this destination
Pulau Pangkor Transportation: 27 reviews and 38 photos
Berjaya Air plane
For such a little island, you wouldn't have thought that there would be flights to Pulau Pangkor but to the delight of travellers, Berjaya Air flies their DeHavilland Dash 7 aircraft to Pangkor from Kuala Lumpur five times a week. The journey takes under an hour and the fare is about US$120 return
Other Contact: email@example.com
Phone: 603-7846 8228
What you'll see : Pangkor Laut from the water
When you think of a taxi, you would think that it would probably look like a sedan vehicle of sorts but on Pangkor, they would be in the form of vans. When you arrive at one of two main Pangkor's ferry terminal, you will find many vans and their drivers outside welcoming you and offering to take you to wherever you want to go or a two-hour "special island tour" where they will take you to the major tourist spots for about US$15. Not bad considering you will have the van to yourselves, but this is recommended for first timers or visitors
I've heard that a ride from one area to the next is about RM1 (or under US$0.50) but if they know you're a visitor, don't expect this
Type: Car/Motor Home
Fast ferry to Pangkor Island
You can easily catch ferries from Lumut ferry terminal to Pangkor every 15 min to 30 min and a return fare is quite cheap, about RM10 (USD3) for adults, less than half for children. Two ferry companies cater for locals and visitors alike and the service is relatively the same
The ferries are quite comfortable with airconditioning and the journey takes about 40 min. The ferry terminal is in town so you needn't catch a taxi or another bus when you arrive in Lumut town
More Reviews (8)
BorneoGrrl's Related Pages
Pulau Pangkor Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pulau Pangkor"
- "Pangkor Laut"
- "Pangkor Laut - A bit of paradise"
- "Beautiful Island"
- "Orange Pangkor"
- "Selamat Datang ke Pulau Pangkor"
- "Jen in Pangkor"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Pangkor
- Hotels in Pulau Pangkor
- Transportation in Pulau Pangkor
- Nightlife in Pulau Pangkor
- Restaurants in Pulau Pangkor
- Shopping in Pulau Pangkor
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Pangkor
- See All...
Explore the World
- Livingstone Hotels
- Myrtle Beach State Park Hotels
- Libmanan Hotels
- Neuwied Hotels
- Petaling Jaya
Badges & Stats in Pulau Pangkor
- 11 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Pulau Pangkor?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Pangkor
Photos in Pulau PangkorSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khartoum Intro, 53 reviews, 78 photos
- Athens Intro, 34 reviews, 51 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 35 reviews, 44 photos
- Kuching Intro, 29 reviews, 45 photos
- Vienna Intro, 29 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miri Intro, 26 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amboseli National Park Intro, 24 reviews, 38 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 23 reviews, 30 photos
- Dubai Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos
- Florence Intro, 21 reviews, 29 photos