"Starting young..." seeker_of_sun's Profile

Cyprus

Ever since I was little my family has gone to Cyprus. We started at the Ayia Napa end and enjoyed it for years. But then it started getting built up and the clubs invaded. At the time I was only little and my brother was about 13, so we didn't have much want for a rowdy nightlife! We had a break of a few years and spent some time revisiting Switzerland (chapter coming) and then went back but to the West side of the island. Paphos was indeed very different but we made the fatal mistake of staying on a resort. Paphos, as we saw it, was taylored for Brits abroad with all day english breakfast places and karaoke bars aplenty. we had a wonderful time but we felt that perhaps we had grown out of the "All inclusive, bells and whistles holiday" that we had once needed for a young family.
One day I'll go back, but perhaps to the North or further inland. If anyone has any favourite places there then please be in touch. As it is, Cyprus is still a beautiful island but if you are looking for a truly enriching holiday, to be immersed into culture and get away from it all, yoou should give the built up areas around the popular coasts a miss.

• Intro Written Dec 13, 2005

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
seeker_of_sun's Profile Photo

seeker_of_sun

“Fly me to the moon!”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.