"Nutbush City" Hibbing by Oatlad
Hibbing Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 25 photos
I grew up in Hibbing and still have several friends who live there, so I go back every once in a while. Hibbing used to be the center of a massive iron ore mining community called the "iron range". Right now Hibbing is in its declining years. It is not in as desirable a location as either Virginia to the east or Grand Rapids to the west, so tourism will not likely be HIbbing's saving grace.
Hibbing is the home town of Bob Dylan, Roger Maris, Kevin McHale, and Bus Andy. There isn't really much in town to see about any of these celebrities except there is a bus museum in honor of Bus Andy, and a bar called Zimmy's in "honor?" of Bob Dylan.
- In a nutshell:Hibbing is a nice little town between Duluth, International Falls, and Bemidji.
Although less than a decade old, the museum has already outgrown its display space. The curator, Gene calls it "Ten... more travel advice
Hibbing Park Hotel gives you what you expect for the price. It is clean, has excellent location, there is a good... more travel advice
Oatlad's Related Pages
Hibbing Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Hibbing
- 5 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Hibbing?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hibbing
Top 10 Pages
- Fairbanks Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Anchorage Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- North Pole Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Ixtapa Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Hibbing Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Alaska 1 review, 4 photos
- Cedar Rapids Intro, 4 reviews, 1 photo
- Missoula Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Watson Lake 1 review, 4 photos
- Edmonton Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
No friends yet.