"Wat Phu in Champasak" Champasak by AndIDream
Champasak Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 85 photos
Wat Phu is an ancient temple ruin from the pré Khmer era. I'm not the most temple-minded person but this temple, built at the foot and on the banks of the hill Lingaparvata, did get my full and deserved attention.
The temple consists of a number ot fempels and buddha's and a cemetery. At the top of the temple site are a number of carved rocks, resembling a crocodile, a naga and an elephant. It is believed that these rocks were used for human sacrifice.
Champasak, which is about 8 km away, is a very small town by the Mekong, with basically just one street. You can take a Tuk-Tuk to Wat Phu or rent a bike.
AndIDream's Related Pages
Champasak Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Site of a wonderful site."
- "Wat Phu in Champasak"
- "Champasak - there is more to see then just ruins"
- "Champassak and Wat Phou"
- "Champasak/Pakse: old southern capital of Laos"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Champasak
- Hotels in Champasak
- Transportation in Champasak
- Restaurants in Champasak
- Shopping in Champasak
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Champasak
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Champasak?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Champasak
Top 5 Pages
- Glasgow Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos
- Dessel Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Muang Sing Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Emmadorp Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Champasak Intro, 3 photos
No friends yet.