"Modest ruins with impressive colored murals" Bonampak by DSwede
Bonampak Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 50 photos
Having visited many other Mayan ruins, the exterior of the ruins of Bonampak are modest. But it should be noted that the stele in the Grand Plaza and the colored murals inside the ruins are some of the best surviving examples.
They are constantly trying to preserve and maintain the structures and murals, so don't be surprised if one or more of the chambers is closed to visitors.
Feel free to visit my Mexico page for more on my time and visits to other places within Mexico.
I've placed more photos in my Mexico Gallery, so feel free to visit. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.
- Pros:If you are a historian, the colored murals are impressive
- Cons:Being required to pay a taxi to take you the last 15 minutes
- In a nutshell:Modest ruins with impressive colored murals
I call it a campground, merely due to its rustic setting. It is not as sophisticated as a hotel, but it is not camping... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
Bonampak Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Frescoes In The Jungle"
- "Modest ruins with impressive colored murals"
- "Yaxchilan and Bonampak tour"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bonampak
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (142)
Have you been to Bonampak?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bonampak
Photos in BonampakSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 28 reviews, 21 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos