"Southern most part of the Gulf" Coatzacoalcos by DSwede
Coatzacoalcos Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 10 photos
Only slightly more difficult than spelling Coatzacoalcos is pronouncing it, followed shortly by locating it on the map. But if you follow the Gulf to the most southern dip in the coast, you just did it.
The town is of moderate size, but does not have much of a draw for visitors. There's a large, long beach, several shopping centers and countless humble residential areas.
Feel free to visit my Mexico page for more on my time and visits to other places within Mexico.
(for more pictures, feel free to visit my Mexico Gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.)
- Pros:Good restaurants and pubs along the beach
- Cons:Residential areas are dirty and not the safest
- In a nutshell:A typical stop for visits to Pemex, otherwise not much for travelers.
If you are like me and enjoy eating street foods and dining at the places the locals eat, this no-frills restaurant that... more travel advice
There are several places to go on the Malecon (beach front), but two that are more popular and always have a good crowd... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
Coatzacoalcos Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Coatzacoalcos
- Hotels in Coatzacoalcos
- Transportation in Coatzacoalcos
- Nightlife in Coatzacoalcos
- Restaurants in Coatzacoalcos
- Warnings and Dangers in Coatzacoalcos
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Coatzacoalcos
- 11 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (141)
Have you been to Coatzacoalcos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Coatzacoalcos
Photos in CoatzacoalcosSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 28 reviews, 21 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos