"An Oil and Gas City Built on Ancient Olmec Soil" Villahermosa by DSwede
Villahermosa Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 70 photos
Villahermosa is the largest city in the area. It is an industrial city, with a major focus on the oil and gas industries of Pemex.
I've passed through the town a couple times, since I worked for a few months in nearby Coatzacoalcos. And as luck would have it, I even was able to meet up with a friend who is now living there whom I met on an airplane nearly 10 years prior... sometimes it truly is a small world.
If you get here, you'll most likely visit the Museum of La Venta. But if history and archeology is of an interest to you, I recommend visiting the actual town of La Venta for which the museum gets its name.
Feel free to visit my Mexico page for more on my time and visits to other places within Mexico.
(for more pictures, feel free to visit my Mexico Gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.)
- Pros:Due to its size, more transport (flight/bus) options are available than other nearby cities
- Cons:Traffic and congestion can be bad
- In a nutshell:An oil and gas town with ancient Olmec roots
The Cathedral de Villahermosa is arguably the second tallest structure in town. Its towers can be seen from almost any... more travel advice
The Elevated Museum, given the name since it is elevated above Paseo Tabasco which passes underneath it, is a rather... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
Villahermosa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Petroleum Capitol and Site of Olmec Civilization"
- "Where We Used to Live"
- "What, no pictures?"
- "Olmecs in Villahermosa"
- "VILLAHERMOSA, Mexico"
- "An Oil and Gas City Built on Ancient Olmec Soil"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Villahermosa
- Hotels in Villahermosa
- Restaurants in Villahermosa
- Warnings and Dangers in Villahermosa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Villahermosa
- 6 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (142)
Have you been to Villahermosa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Villahermosa
Photos in VillahermosaSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 28 reviews, 21 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos