"At Home in the Mountains" Jasper by DSwede
Jasper Travel Guide: 73 reviews and 244 photos
In the heart of Jasper NP, this is definitely a small mountain town that makes me feel at home.
I've been through here a few times, winter and summer both. It helps having spent ample time in Edmonton.
From rafting in the spring (oh that water is cold, but oh so refreshing), to skiing in the winter at Marmont, to hiking in the summer, its a mountain boy's dream.
The problem with Jasper is that it lures people to live here with its beauty, but then leaves many frustrated with the expensive cost of living. Many locals have to work two jobs to make ends meet.
- Pros:Nested by beautiful mountains and lakes.
- Cons:Expensive due to tourist inflation and transport costs into the national park.
- In a nutshell:God's country, if He could afford it.
Jasper Brewing Co is a landmark in town. It obviously has its own home brew, which can be augmented with some seasonal... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
Jasper Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "JASPER --- ALPINE CHARM"
- "Was this city named after me?"
- "Rocky Mountian Hideaway"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jasper
- Hotels in Jasper
- Transportation in Jasper
- Restaurants in Jasper
- Shopping in Jasper
- Warnings and Dangers in Jasper
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jasper
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Jasper?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jasper
Photos in JasperSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos