"Pumpkins and a Victorian Settlement" Smoky Lake by DSwede
Smoky Lake Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 33 photos
The Victorian Settlement, made by the Hudson Bay Trading Co back in 1860's, was one of the largest and liveliest places in northern Alberta. But as the railroad developed, it started to decline. Ultimately the town moved to higher ground where Smoky Lake currently is.
Now, its just another average agricultural town, with a claim of being a pumpkin capital.
Feel free to visit my Alberta page for more thoughts on the province.
(for more pictures, feel free to visit my Canada Gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.)
- Pros:The local produce is highly praised.
- Cons:Aside from saying you've been there, not much more to do
- In a nutshell:Far enough off the beaten path you will never just stumble across Smoky Lake.
DSwede's Related Pages
Smoky Lake Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Smoky Lake, Giant Pumpkin Capital of Alberta"
- "Pumpkins and a Victorian Settlement"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Smoky Lake
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (164)
Have you been to Smoky Lake?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Smoky Lake
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 28 reviews, 21 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos