"The college days" Terre Haute by DSwede
Terre Haute Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 50 photos
Terre Haute is the home of Columbia House music, so if you ever see the mass mailing label and see the Fruitridge Ave address... I commuted past that every day for four years...
Terre Haute has a long history. From the early days, before the Great Depression, it was a major stopping point for migrants heading west. US-40 and US-41 quite literally made it the "Crossroads of America".
- Pros:A very reasonably priced city, borderline cheap.
- Cons:A lack of options drives a lot of the locals (students) to frequent the bars.
- In a nutshell:A midwest college town, with some nice parks.
While it may not come high on the tourist lists, if you enjoy relaxed places and have an appreciation for (American)... more travel advice
One of the mottos of Terre Haute, is "The Crossroads of America". Quite literally, Terre Haute was the original... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
Terre Haute Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Play, eat, and shop"
- "CROSSROADS OF AMERICA-TERRE HAUTE"
- "Hautians of the world, Unite!"
- "Ritchie_Cox's new Terre Haute Page"
- "The college days"
- "Terre Haute, Indiana"
- "Looking through fresh eyes"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Terre Haute
- Hotels in Terre Haute
- Nightlife in Terre Haute
- Restaurants in Terre Haute
- Shopping in Terre Haute
- Warnings and Dangers in Terre Haute
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Terre Haute
- 8 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (104)
Have you been to Terre Haute?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Terre Haute
Photos in Terre HauteSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Incline Village Intro, 17 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue