"Indy - The other side of the Speedway" Indianapolis by DSwede
Indianapolis Travel Guide: 582 reviews and 1,097 photos
I went to college not far from Indy. Having said that, many of my friends were from the area and I had many chances to come and visit. I used to make commutes to the city for many reasons.
Like many people, I had an opportunity to watch the Indy 500 race. It was definitely a unique experience. The speed and sounds, regardless if you think you are prepared for them, will still manage to surpass your conceptions. But I usually stayed far away from Indy during race times. The congestion, cost, chaos and heat usually won the argument for keeping my distance.
I have enjoyed some basketball games there, enjoyed the old Union Station, and the natural parks. Indy is a small city, but wonderfully green and easy to feel comfortable.
(for more pictures, feel free to visit my USA Gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.)
- Pros:Great parks and green spaces are found in abundance.
- Cons:Public transit is not that great, but improving.
- In a nutshell:During the Indy-500, its a crazy busy time, but otherwise it is just an average working city.
DSwede's Related Pages
Indianapolis Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "INDIANAPOLIS: Artist, Athlete, Historian, Patiot"
- "The Circle City"
- "indianapolis, in"
- "Fast, yet Friendly City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Indianapolis
- Hotels in Indianapolis
- Transportation in Indianapolis
- Nightlife in Indianapolis
- Restaurants in Indianapolis
- Shopping in Indianapolis
- Warnings and Dangers in Indianapolis
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Indianapolis
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (164)
Have you been to Indianapolis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Indianapolis
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 28 reviews, 21 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos