"The City of Destiny" Des Plaines by DSwede
Des Plaines Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 18 photos
Des Plaines is labeled as the City of Destiny. I'm not sure how or why that came to be, but if you read all the signs and flags around the area, you will see that I'm not lying.
I've worked in Des Plaines for ~9 years. During that time, I have lived in various suburbs and the downtown area of Chicago itself.
Des Plaines is a relatively quiet suburb on the northwest side of Chicago, about 3 miles directly north of O'Hare airport.
(for more pictures, feel free to visit my USA Gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.)
- Pros:Its small historic center is right on the Metra rail, making commuting easy.
- Cons:Very limited nightlife.
- In a nutshell:Home to the original McDonald's, otherwise a very quiet town.
Ray Kroc first opened for business there on April 15, 1955. But today it is simply a museum. It is open only for a... more travel advice
Open only during the summer months, Paradise Pup is a wonderful place to go on a sunny day. The restaurant is small,... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
Des Plaines Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Des Plaines
- Hotels in Des Plaines
- Transportation in Des Plaines
- Restaurants in Des Plaines
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Des Plaines
- 6 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Des Plaines?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Des Plaines
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Incline Village Intro, 17 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue