"Doorway to the Mountains" Dillon by DSwede
Dillon Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 52 photos
I've visited and stayed in Dillon and the surrounding areas of Silverthorne, Frisco, Keystone, Breckenridge, Denver, Leadville, Copper, Boulder, A-Basin, etc.
This was even the site of my first meet with fellow VT'er johngayton.
Dillon is a small mountain town with a few staples of life, i.e. shopping, sports equipment, a pub and brewery, and a small lake enlarged by a dam. All said, it is quiet and calm, but a great starting point for mountain adventures.
(for more pictures, feel free to visit my USA Gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.)
- Pros:A more economic option to places like Vail and Breck.
- Cons:Without private transport, your options are extremely limited.
- In a nutshell:A prime place to make base camp for excursions, day trips and adventures into the mountians.
DSwede's Related Pages
Dillon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Davidp1952's new Dillon Page"
- "John195123's new Dillon Page"
- "The "Atlantis" of Colorado"
- "flatironvws's Dillon Page"
- "What a chill break"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dillon
- Hotels in Dillon
- Transportation in Dillon
- Restaurants in Dillon
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Dillon
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (107)
Have you been to Dillon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dillon
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- Niterói Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Incline Village Intro, 17 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue