"Stopping point over the Sierras" Top 5 Page for this destination Truckee by DSwede
Truckee Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 67 photos
Being a stone's throw from the Donner Pass, Truckee is a well established mountain town. Historically for trading, logging and gold/silver, but now mostly for skiing and tourism.
Truckee is a fairly hip place. The old-town is done up in old-west style with some good restaurants, cafes, stores, etc. And just beyond Truckee is Squaw Valley & Alpine Meadows.
Its about an hour from Reno and about 30 minutes (weather depending) Incline Village and Tahoe City. If you are heading down to Reno, stop at Verdi for the old viaducts on the river!
(for more pictures, feel free to visit my USA Gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.)
- Pros:Of all the towns in the Tahoe Basin area, Truckee has the best historic corridor.
- Cons:Winter temperatures in Truckee tend to be 5~10 degrees colder than other nearby towns.
- In a nutshell:The town has grown to the point it has a little of everything and its easily accessible by hwy I-80
"A natrual glacier formation, or the work of an unknown tribe as a form of altar, its exact origin will never be known.... more travel advice
The TART (Tahoe Area Regional Transit) operates buses between all towns on the north and west coast of... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
Truckee Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Stopping point over the Sierras"
- "What a Rush"
- "Truckee: Gateway to the Sierra Nevadas"
- "A mountain paradise!"
- "SwedishChef's new Truckee page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Truckee
- Hotels in Truckee
- Transportation in Truckee
- Nightlife in Truckee
- Restaurants in Truckee
- Shopping in Truckee
- Warnings and Dangers in Truckee
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Truckee
- 8 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (97)
Have you been to Truckee?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Truckee
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: What has been named after you?"
- updated a Truckee Travel Page "Stopping point over the Sierras"
- Commented on one of arinizy's Truckee travel pages
- Wrote a Review Public Transport between North and South Shores in Truckee Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Stopping point over the Sierras"
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos