"Nevada's Neighbor" Kings Beach by DSwede

Kings Beach Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 4 photos

Kings Beach is a larger, busier town than Incline Village (my home). But since it is just a few miles away and over the California border, it falls under different laws and regulations... making income, sales, property taxes all different. That being said, it is a bit more developed than Incline to the tourist, but at the same time it can be a little too busy and loud for those looking for a true get-away.

Take a peak at my Incline page for more info! Or look at some Tahoe Facts and Stats.

Having grown up in the mountains near Kings Beach and Incline Village, I've seen my fair share of wild animals. But these two are the only ones I have photos of from the local areas.

I've seen bears, mountain lions, coyotes, porcupines, skunks, mule deer, bald eagles, hawks, hummingbirds and the ever present blue jays and many other types of birds.

One extremely rare occasion, I've found snakes and scorpions too, but they do not thrive in the cold of the higher elevations.

(for more pictures, feel free to visit my USA Gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.)

• Pros:More economic motel and restaurant options
  • Cons:The main streets of King Beach are not that scenic and require a lot of walking.
  • In a nutshell:With a central location, its a great place to base yourself for day trips too.
  • Intro Updated Oct 1, 2012

• starship's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Looks like a beautiful area! Thanks for sharing!

• DSwede's Profile Photo
      Oct 17, 2012 at 6:45 AM

Ah yes, it is a beautiful area! That is if you like fresh air, clean water and big mountains. I'd recommend a visit

DSwede

“What I lack in experience, I make up for in curiosity”

Badges & Stats in Kings Beach

Have you been to Kings Beach?

Latest Activity in Kings Beach