"Nevada's Neighbor" Kings Beach by DSwede
Kings Beach Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 4 photos
Kings Beach is a larger, busier town than Incline Village (my home). But since it is just a few miles away and over the California border, it falls under different laws and regulations... making income, sales, property taxes all different. That being said, it is a bit more developed than Incline to the tourist, but at the same time it can be a little too busy and loud for those looking for a true get-away.
Take a peak at my Incline page for more info! Or look at some Tahoe Facts and Stats.
Having grown up in the mountains near Kings Beach and Incline Village, I've seen my fair share of wild animals. But these two are the only ones I have photos of from the local areas.
I've seen bears, mountain lions, coyotes, porcupines, skunks, mule deer, bald eagles, hawks, hummingbirds and the ever present blue jays and many other types of birds.
One extremely rare occasion, I've found snakes and scorpions too, but they do not thrive in the cold of the higher elevations.
(for more pictures, feel free to visit my USA Gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.)
- Pros:More economic motel and restaurant options
- Cons:The main streets of King Beach are not that scenic and require a lot of walking.
- In a nutshell:With a central location, its a great place to base yourself for day trips too.
The Old Post Office is a good hole-in-the-wall local's place for breakfast. The inside is typical road side diner, mixed... more travel advice
If you are a skier, then you have probably done the research on the Tahoe resorts to know what areas are of interest to... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
Kings Beach Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Kings Beach
- 4 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (164)
Have you been to Kings Beach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kings Beach
Photos in Kings BeachSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 28 reviews, 21 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos