"Pioneer Days the hard way" Top 5 Page for this destination Bodie State Historic Park by DSwede
Bodie State Historic Park Travel Guide: 95 reviews and 223 photos
Growing up in nearby Nevada, I have visited Bodie a few times. Each time, it never fails to impress me. The hardships that the pioneers lived through and suffered with are impressive.
In today's day and age it is sometimes hard enough just to get to Bodie for a visit. But what about in the winter storms in 1880's when supplies were running low, houses were cold and drafty and the nearest town was at least a two day hike through the snow?! Just makes you appreciate what you have now even more.
(for more pictures, feel free to visit my USA Gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.)
- Pros:The entire town is in excellent condition and maintained well.
- Cons:There is no paved walkways, so particularly with rain and snow, the ground will be soft. Wheelchairs only on fair weather days.
- In a nutshell:A prime example of the iconic American ghost town, in perfect condition
Bodie State Park is officially only open during the summer months, but you will not be turned away if you visit during... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
Bodie State Historic Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bodie State Historical Park 1859"
- "Bodie, once a busy city!"
- "Only the Rangers Remain..."
- "Low on Gas, not on Ghosts: Bodie"
- "Pioneer Days the hard way"
- "Good! By God, I'm Going To Bodie!"
- "Roundtrip USA : part 7 The ghosttown Bodie"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bodie State Historic Park
- Hotels in Bodie State Historic Park
- Transportation in Bodie State Historic Park
- Nightlife in Bodie State Historic Park
- Restaurants in Bodie State Historic Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Bodie State Historic Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bodie State Historic Park
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (107)
Have you been to Bodie State Historic Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bodie State Historic Park
- Posted in Travel Tanjungpinang Forum "Re: Papua/Raja Ampat from Tanjung..."
- Wrote a Review Walking the park in Bodie State Historic Park Warnings and Dangers
- updated a Bodie State Historic Park Travel Page "Pioneer Days the hard way"
- Commented on one of weed6886's Bodie State Historic Park travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Visiting in the off-season"
Photos in Bodie State Historic ParkSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- Niterói Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Incline Village Intro, 17 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue