"On the slopes of San Fernando Hill" San Fernando by DSwede
San Fernando Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 10 photos
San Fernando is the most populous area in South. (for the uninitiated, that means the southern 1/3 of Trinidad).
Perched on the slopes of San Fernando Hill, there are a few small communities which are nearly impossible to distinguish between.
While there might not be much for the tourist to do here, there are a couple nice vistas, like from the top of the Hill. There is a small parkway with City Hall and the Police Station.
This is the last major stop that most will pass by on their way down to La Brea and Pitch Lake.
For more general thoughts on my month long visit to T&T, feel free to visit my Trinidad & Tobago page. Or more specifically my Trinidad page.
(for more pictures, feel free to visit my Trinidad & Tobago Gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.)
- Pros:Easily accessible since its at the south end of the highway.
- Cons:Relatively dull place for tourist other than staging for trips further south
- In a nutshell:A convenient staging point for trips to La Brea, Icocos and southern points of interest.
The San Fernando Hill Natural Landmark (SFHNL) is the geographic center of San Fernando's communities. Being as such, it... more travel advice
The Edge is a local's hangout in south San Fernando. It is a large place, which is good because depending on the night,... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
San Fernando Travel Guide
- Things to Do in San Fernando
- Hotels in San Fernando
- Nightlife in San Fernando
- Restaurants in San Fernando
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in San Fernando
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (103)
Have you been to San Fernando?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Fernando
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Incline Village Intro, 17 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue