"Physically Small, Unbound in Reality" Vatican City by DSwede
Vatican City Travel Guide: 1,248 reviews and 3,812 photos
What is the Vatican? Simply put, it is a tiny City State, one that you can walk across in a matter of minutes. The Vatican is the political and physical presence of the Catholic Church.
What emanates from within the Vatican however is boundless. The Holy See, which is in essence the jurisdiction of the Church, covers every continent, nearly every country and billions of people. Its principles, theology, faith and emotional wealth are simply too much for any one person to try to capture on paper.
The history and mystery of the grounds, such as the Sistine Chapel, St Peter's Basilica, the crypts, the contents within the archives and countless others conjure images and thoughts in all of us that would take volumes and decades to describe.
- Pros:If you have the patience to wait in lines, you can see almost everything in a day.
- Cons:Much of the Vatican is off limits to those with mobility problems.
- In a nutshell:While its small in size, its symbols and ideals span the world.
DSwede's Related Pages
Vatican City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Vatican City - Holy See"
- "The Holy See: A Pilgrim's Report"
- "Destination: Citta Del Vaticano"
- "A country in a City!"
- "VATICAN CITY"
- "Vatican CHRISTMAS 2005"
- "Papal Palace, Papal City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vatican City
- Hotels in Vatican City
- Transportation in Vatican City
- Nightlife in Vatican City
- Restaurants in Vatican City
- Shopping in Vatican City
- Warnings and Dangers in Vatican City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vatican City
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (96)
Have you been to Vatican City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vatican City
Photos in Vatican CitySee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos