"The less traveled castle" Sabugal by DSwede
Sabugal Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 20 photos
Sabugal is a small city, not far from Guarda. Its population is small and its streets are quiet. Aside from some small cobblestone streets and some plazas, it is a quiet retreat, away from any noise of cities. Arguably most known for the old Battle of Sabugal (1811).
While making a short visit into Portugal from Spain, we also visited Guarda.
For more general comments for my other visits to Portugal, visit my Portugal page.
(for more pictures, feel free to visit my Portugal Gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.)
- Pros:The historic center is small and even has a self-walk tour.
- Cons:After an afternoon, you may run out of things to do.
- In a nutshell:A very quiet place, ideal for those looking to escape the cities.
Built in the 13th century, much of the original old town has been torn down, renovated or removed. There are a couple of... more travel advice
Having the luck to have visited on a national holiday when all the sites were open to the public for no charge, we... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
Sabugal Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Sabugal
- 4 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (107)
Have you been to Sabugal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sabugal
Photos in SabugalSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- Niterói Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Incline Village Intro, 17 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue